CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jafo

2nd July 2020, 15:39
It is BBCode. If you look at the right of the box where you are typing it tells you what to do to make bold or underline text (and how to switch off). In fact in BBCode there are more options such as colour text [color=red] but I dont know what is enabled on this website [/color]
51 of 57  -   Report This Post

jafo

2nd July 2020, 15:41
Obviously not colour then
52 of 57  -   Report This Post

drxx

2nd July 2020, 15:47
Thanks jafo, I've somehow managed to miss the code tags - I had no idea there were options available!
53 of 57  -   Report This Post

grunger

2nd July 2020, 18:02
drxx jafo

Thanks for the info on the bold etc. stuff. I had no idea about that.

drxx

I like your clue for Cadge and I agree there must be an anagram signal. I can't think of a reason that I say this and yet think the vowels one is OK. Possibly because in general vowels are more common than notes?

Again, I think that your NEWS clue is fair, although I still use the Never Eat Shredded Wheat version. I like the bridge players that seem quite common nowadays in crosswords but the other day I came across just "player" and it didn't feel right.

54 of 57  -   Report This Post

drxx

2nd July 2020, 19:24
I must say, I'm coming round to your idea, grunger, but only if the number of options in the complete set is small enough to make the anagrind just about redundant. Quartets seem to be OK in this respect (and the quintet in this clue has been reduced to a quartet, so maybe it's OK too) but any more? I hope not.

...I just had to try the 'u' inside square brackets option (hope it works).
55 of 57  -   Report This Post

grunger

3rd July 2020, 11:44
drxx

glad the underlining worked
56 of 57  -   Report This Post

jigjag

3rd July 2020, 11:47
Malone Pentomino

A belated thanks for the hints. I will put in Killer and enter and email Ed
57 of 57  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1441