CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bigbadmarty2

27th November 2019, 21:57
Thrilled with the win and thank you kt for the excellent summing-up .

For what it's worth my justification for the "the" went something like this -
"runners" = "messengers"
the "runners" also = "messengers"

and therefore...

"the messengers" are "runners"

Or something like that, It did improve the surface reading !

See you all next week and cheers for the kind words

Marty

51 of 56  -   Report This Post

kt17

27th November 2019, 22:07
@BBM it was a breathtaking clue - I'm just not experienced enough at this game to know what's what. Like FieryJack I wish I'd thought of it.

But I do know that even the best Persian carpet contains a minor imperfection, so as not to aggravate the deity/ies,

To me it was a Robin Friday (1952-1990) of a performance, if you get the football allusion.

You came off the bench in the 84th minute, scored an outstanding individual goal to win the game, then head-butted the nasty opposition centre back and walked from the pitch before the referee had the chance to send you off.

Pure class.
52 of 56  -   Report This Post

ginge

27th November 2019, 22:51
Nice BBM2, good job kt17.
53 of 56  -   Report This Post

dorrien

28th November 2019, 01:03
Well done Marty brilliant.
Thanks KT17 he said. A Welsh name
54 of 56  -   Report This Post

paul

28th November 2019, 02:42
Great Marty!
Thanks for the compliments Matthew and the generous and thorough appraisals for all. If that was your teaching/marking style you would have been deservedly popular with your students!

What did you teach BTW?
55 of 56  -   Report This Post

paul

28th November 2019, 02:45
Also, happened to have some dealings in KT18 on Sunday buying a second-hand ipod for my 8 yr old daughter (rather than the phone she keeps banging on about...)
56 of 56  -   Report This Post