CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drxx

28th November 2019, 16:36
sorry, kirky - you're right (and I've made that mistake earlier in the thread... don't know why). E is right, by the way.
41 of 55  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th November 2019, 16:43
No, malone - it wasn't a typo. I think I'm referring to the possible error on the diagonal if the LOO answer is treated (wrongly) as 'aloo', which has the potential to throw out the main diagonal further down... at least I think that's what was worrying me (I must have made that mistake at some point but can't be sure).
42 of 55  -   Report This Post

kirky

28th November 2019, 16:44
thanks drxxx ..phew! I have SI?E?NDNAKE ...which letters are wrong?
43 of 55  -   Report This Post

malone

28th November 2019, 16:46
Kirky, the S and the second N are wrong.
44 of 55  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th November 2019, 16:46
Yes, you've made an error with the LOO answer, kirky (it ends T) and 'allows' has a different start.
45 of 55  -   Report This Post

malone

28th November 2019, 16:49
Thanks, drxx, I think I assumed it was a typo because the 3 D answer doesn't affect the highlighting - but I now see what you mean about the main diagonal further down.
46 of 55  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th November 2019, 16:50
I think that little trap caught me out too - that's why I've been pushing the two anagrams (I'd worked out the anagram/phrase before I went looking for it in the grid - luckily!).
47 of 55  -   Report This Post

kirky

28th November 2019, 16:53
OMG the penny has dropped!!!
Thanks all for your patience!
48 of 55  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

28th November 2019, 18:19
Thanks to the massive help on this thread I have all but finished. What is still eluding me is the 8 letter word to be written under the grid. I currently have pe???ate and although I have the answers to the three starred clues where I have the question marks I have still not worked out which letters need adding to them. Any hints to at least one of them would be appreciated.
49 of 55  -   Report This Post

drxx

28th November 2019, 19:31
1st one - 'as soon as' = gives the first 3 letters of the answer (added to N+D) but it's a 4 letter synonym, so the extra letter has to be accounted for - this is done by adding a letter to 'ape', which gets rid of....

2nd one - is an anagram of 'on' and 'cat', so another letter is needed - 'the face...' (first of) ...tile' gives that letter.

3rd one - another anagram with a surplus letter that must be got rid of -
'one' = I + a 4 letter stringed instrument (add a letter to 'ash' to get rid of...).
50 of 55  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1410