CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mattrom

5th November 2019, 20:12
Thanks, Prospero.
21 of 93  -   Report This Post

hamishsoup

5th November 2019, 21:14
Not in the slightest, Prospero - on the contrary, I'm sorry to have broken your run. It's a game, after all, and I want you to have fun; I knew this puzzle was going to be really hard, and not to everyone's taste. I quite enjoyed the one which I did in a similar style, and wanted to try my hand at it. Hope I haven't diminished your appetite for Soup.
22 of 93  -   Report This Post

buzzybee

6th November 2019, 04:38
Certainly the most difficult for a long time. Thanks Hamish Soup for keeping me awake for 24 hours!
23 of 93  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2019, 11:13
Appetite for Soup undiminished. After all, one does not attempt the Genius because it is easy. This one did require a whole new mindset, though, with little help from crossers and none from outside aids. Am grateful for this site - and thanks for the challenge, Hamishsoup.
24 of 93  -   Report This Post

nikki

6th November 2019, 15:37
Having spent the whole of Monday on this puzzle and nearly finished it, I have only just had time to get back to it. I was stuck on 22d - mainly because I had confidently assumed 'astispumante' for 21a - but now have those two.
However, I am still stuck on 3d. I am working with ?SCN?T. A nudge, please, would be so welcome!
25 of 93  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2019, 16:01
I was stuck on 3 (as on most) for a good while. Your crossers are right.
Definition is the first word, which I took to be notation but in fact it begins with an i. Also the Sussex County openers don't go together. International is the usual abbreviation (x2).
26 of 93  -   Report This Post

nikki

6th November 2019, 16:04
Thanks, Prospero - but I was just returning to say that I had got it. I think I was expecting it to be more complicated than it was! Phew! What a brainteaser!
27 of 93  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

6th November 2019, 16:10
last one for me is 2d, where I can't seem to make a clue that has a reasonable surface reading, A hint as to what is def & what is wordplay should nudge me (staggering and bruised) over the line. Thanks.
28 of 93  -   Report This Post

drxx

6th November 2019, 16:16
The first 3 words punningly define the real definition 'pr'.
29 of 93  -   Report This Post

prospero

6th November 2019, 16:16
kt - it's a double definition (first 3 words/last word). The last word needs 2 vowels inserted between the consonants.
30 of 93  -   Report This Post