CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

hannah

7th May 2019, 01:13
Which I have duly done . .

Gets a 'thumbs down' there as well!
511 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

7th May 2019, 07:00
Thanks, jigjag. Your encouragement is heartening, so I won't put my passport away just yet. I may go off globetrotting again soon.

Hannah, I've got to be in the mood for a good pun. Sometimes they just irritate me, sometimes they amuse me. I think I'd have preferred Crema De La Crem for the coffee shop.
512 of 2514  -   Report This Post

tyke51

7th May 2019, 14:01
Iceland might be an interesting destination for a shopping trip!
513 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

7th May 2019, 17:35
Tyke51 - I'd had enough of supermarkets, that's why I need my exotic holidays. Jigjag'll maybe fancy that one - he's probably got old friends there (Ivor Nice-Lolly and I. Scubes are often in the stores, I believe.)
514 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

8th May 2019, 10:40
Tyke and malone

I have never visited Iceland (country or store) and the people there seem to have strange names. I am sure there will be a story there! I must do some research.

Hannah

It is a dead cert I would never visit your coffee shop. I am glad you are monitoring French articles. I get irritated when commentators refer to players like Laporte as Le Porte
515 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

8th May 2019, 10:50
malone

Delighted you are thinking of writing further holiday stories. The standard of the pieces by you and jigjag is very high. Your comment about the "silliness" reminds me of Ken Dodd, very funny and clean - quite unusual nowadays. You really need a wider audience.
516 of 2514  -   Report This Post

hannah

8th May 2019, 11:12
Jigjag

That's a shame, but I do admit that I am not dying to get there myself . .

And . .

As a member of the old

French
Articles
Remediation
Team

I view my self imposed task as a 'la bour of l'ove'
517 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

8th May 2019, 13:16
Jigjag, it's good for PU that you have never been to Iceland - a report from totally new territory would, I'm sure, be fascinating. You have a knack for bumping into - and conversing with - interesting people.

Jigjag, Hannah, I enjoyed your views on monitoring French articles. It reminded me - a little - of Bear's religious stuff. Those in the know, those with more than a superficial interest in the subject matter, spot things that others don't. C'est la vie! (I really wanted to type 'le' but resisted.)

Grunger, thanks. There may be further instalments of Desert Island Disc
ourses!
518 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

8th May 2019, 14:05
Bonjour Hannah

J'aime ton "la bour of l'ove".

Tres drole! - sorry about missing accents

I am not an expert on French, but should it be "la bour de l'ove"?
519 of 2514  -   Report This Post

hannah

8th May 2019, 23:00
Well done Grunger . .

Well spotted . . a true pedant
520 of 2514  -   Report This Post