CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jigjag

9th May 2019, 12:05
Grunger

I am back now and have been catching up on the postings I have missed. It was kind of you to suggest that the little pieces from Malone and me needed a wider audience. I e-mailed some scripts to the BBC and was pleased that Head of Alternative Alternative Comedy, Di Laffin phoned me.

“We think you have got something and we could do a pilot show. The Wider Audience Generation Society (WAGS) will provide the audience. Their members are short in stature but have a large girth, and they are highly trained to applaud any comedy or pedantry. Of course they will boo or groan at any puns. We will use Studio 2b as the seats are extra-wide.”

So Malone and I will be in the Salford Studios on Saturday night to recount our recent holiday experiences. Would you be able to join us to talk about cricket, crickets or steak and mushroom pies?
521 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th May 2019, 14:32
Jigjag

I'm delighted you've had such a good response from the BBC. I look forward to seeing you - and many others - in Salford on Saturday.

As 'WAGS' has always had unpleasant connotations for me, I've taken it upon myself to book an alternative studio audience. My WAWS are similar in outlook, the initials stand for Wits And Wisecracks Society. WAWS will be in the Salford area this weekend as it's their AGM, Apostrophe Gathering Meeting. The good news is that the extra-wide seats won't be necessary.

I've also arranged a warm-up act for us all - Joe King, Jo Veeal and Jo Cose have set aside all other commitments to come along.
522 of 2514  -   Report This Post

jigjag

9th May 2019, 16:27
Malone

Thrilled that you can make it and well done on getting those acts and the WAWS to come along. It promises to be a great night!
523 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th May 2019, 19:50
Calling all PU members....

I know you're a resourceful bunch, so I'm sure one of you will be able to track down the following information for me. I feel I need to send Danny Baker (the DJ/presenter/whatever) a Get Well card. He must be in hospital, but despite his injuries, he's been able to get a message out to the public. I don't know all the details of his accident, but he said ' they literally threw me under the bus', so his body must have taken a terrible bashing.
524 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

9th May 2019, 20:07
Are you implying that he wasn't actually thrown under a bus, malone? Surely an oversight?
525 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

9th May 2019, 22:14
ChrisE, it sounded a pretty dramatic incident - and Danny said he could 'hear the suits' knees knocking' - and I've decided to take it at face value. People say what they mean, and mean what they say …. don't they?
526 of 2514  -   Report This Post

grunger

10th May 2019, 16:35
malone

I read that the bus was stationery and he crawled out from under it. That cant be right - surely it was stationary?

Jigjag

Sorry I cant join you and Malone. I am giving a talk on "Future Pies " in the Village Hall. Good luck and looking forward to the report.
527 of 2514  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th May 2019, 16:44
You might like this oldie:
A girl walked into a pub and asked the barman for a double entendre, so he gave her one

Oi'll get me coat!
528 of 2514  -   Report This Post

malone

10th May 2019, 18:10
Grunger, thanks for letting us know that you are unable to join us tomorrow. I'm beginning to worry about non-attendances - I've had communications from both Ivor Pryor-Engagement and Elsa Whaire, saying that they too can't make it. I hope your pie talk goes well - if you take along some free samples, you'll have the audience eating out of your hand (literally).
PS I liked the stationery bus.

ChrisE, the old ones aren't always the best....
529 of 2514  -   Report This Post

brendan

10th May 2019, 18:20
Hi Malone, I'm also concerned about non-attendances, however, following that dinner at my fiend's house, I feel I'm more than qualified to talk "Tripe" - should the need arise.

Chris, love it :-)
530 of 2514  -   Report This Post