CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

25th May 2015, 13:40
Trevor, When I go on the computer, I will forward you a copy of the email.
11 of 30765  -   Report This Post

tevor

25th May 2015, 13:43
Thank you Norah.
12 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

25th May 2015, 15:57
Okay....I think maybe it's time I said something......
Thank you everyone for your support - Chris, Doglet and Andy for your earlier comments, and rossim, Trevor , Bernie and Ixion for what you have just said now.
Thank you, Jazzgirl, for the message that you sent - Norah passed it onto me.
And yes, Trev, it was very hurtful!
We weren't doing anyone any harm - the thread title , as so many of you have said, only took up one line and could easily be ignored and scrolled past. As Chris and rossim both said, no-one had to open and read the thread.
We never said anything amiss - it was only friendly talk about what we'd done, family, books we'd read etc - indeed, several of you joined in!
Basically, I do have to admit that maybe we were at fault in that we "abused" the system by talking too much and too often. And I'm sorry if we overstepped the line......
But there has been far worse said on these pages!
However, I do feel upset by how it all happened - Norah took notice of just a few people who objected - by all accounts not even people who use the forum all that often, either.
Where were all you "regulars" when we needed you??!!! but thank you very much for the support you are showing now.....
Unfortunately, it's all too late.......
Our thread has been deleted, and a companiable friendship spoilt.
I cannot speak for Rusty but ccertainly I'm hurt and upset.
13 of 30765  -   Report This Post

rosalind

25th May 2015, 16:59
Dear Elle
Perhaps you and Rusty could continue by exchanging email addresses via Norah? I haven't asked and I don't know if it's possible but it might be if you all agree.
I'd like to add I haven't contributed to this thread/discussion before in any way
Rx
14 of 30765  -   Report This Post

ixion

25th May 2015, 17:11
Elle/Rusty

My reading of the situation is you can still have your chats, it's just that the actual thread will be shorter and new threads started more frequently (I'm sure Norah will correct me if my interpretation is mistaken)...I hope you can proceed this way, though I must admit I'm astonished why anyone would complain in the first place...perhaps they could explain on this thread?

Ixion
15 of 30765  -   Report This Post

kenyatta

25th May 2015, 17:30
The Rusty/Elle thread did, from time to time, contain crossword related information and even advice. As a result, even those not interested in the tittle-tattle side may have felt compelled to trawl through the exchanges seeking pearls of wisdom.
16 of 30765  -   Report This Post

gramps

25th May 2015, 17:41
As an avid Daily mail solver I do from time to time log into forum to seek help from some very knowledgeable crossword solver. I don't normally open any threads unless it has a heading of DM but having Just logged in and seen this thread I opened it see what it is about. I have never seen such a fuss over such a trivial matter. What is the difference between two friends exchanging information then somebody seeking help with their crossword running into several pages. If Elle and Rusty want to continue their exchange the let them, it certainly won't interfere with me seeking help when I need it.
17 of 30765  -   Report This Post

lmj

25th May 2015, 18:04
Hi Elle

I have been pondering all day about this. I fully agree and thank all for the support from Chris, Rossim, Doglet, Andy, Trevor, Bernie and Ixion, Jazzgirl, Doglet, Gramps etc. apologies to those I have left off the list.

The "other post " Nora referred to was ours Elle I think. I can't find it anywhere.

And quite frankly Ellie I don't think you have anything to apologize for. It was just friendly banter, not offensive, abusive, or racist. Just a general interest in other people's lives and interests.

Whoever these two or three people are, they need to get a life.

I for one whilst not contributing very much, certainly have found this site very useful in solving DM clues, or clues from other papers too. The majority of contributors on this site have certainly taught me a thing or two so much so that I am getting better. Especially as they explain the parsing! Everyone has been really kind.

Elle is has been lovely talking to you and Rusty, and if Nora wants to pass on my email address I will be more than happy to keep in touch with you.

Don't let them beat you Elle and Rusty you have a lot of support and respect out there.

Cheers

Lin

18 of 30765  -   Report This Post

doglet

25th May 2015, 20:19
Hi Elle
Dont quite know how this got so nasty,but if you would like to chat Norah can give you my email address if not hope all goes well
19 of 30765  -   Report This Post

elle

25th May 2015, 20:31
Doglet and Lin....
I think you would have to ask Norah if she would Kindly send me your email addresses - the request would have to come from you ,not me. But yes, that would be good if you did that. It would be nice to talk.
(Besides, I think Norah is probably sick of me - we've been taking all week. I did promise her I wouldn't bother her again!)
20 of 30765  -   Report This Post