CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

meursault

10th February 2015, 17:40
In that case the best you can do is to remove the thread, since I don't have the right to reply. It might also go some way towards a peace offering. Enmity is not ended by enmity, and that simple truth goes a long way to explaining why so many people suddenly jumped on your club's thread. Your club attracts deeper dislike than even I imagined.
51 of 83  -   Report This Post

leon

10th February 2015, 19:02
just a thank you to those who indicated how to enter answers as I was completely stuck and about to ask for help
leon
52 of 83  -   Report This Post

rosie

10th February 2015, 19:17
I have despaired reading some of the comments on what, after all is just a crossword.
I am though interested in how some posters
can have contrary views deleted.
On AB I see that the criteria for 'reporting' a
posting is one of-
Abusive content.
Profane content.
Pure Stupidity.
Racist Content.
Spam content.
Other.

As the reason for requesting the removal of
a posting would seem to be only 'other' I'd
love to know what reasons are given, strong
enough, to have a post deleted.
If it is 'giving too much information on a current
puzzle' I'd be amazed.
53 of 83  -   Report This Post

saoralba

10th February 2015, 19:29
In post #37, Meursault writes, 'However competitive you are, it's no excuse to be bad-mannered or disrespectful. Funny how the people who feign class have the least of it'.

In post #44, Meursault writes, 'Jim has become [Ruthrobin's] puppet'.

In post #53, Meursault writes, 'I can't really be bothered trying to talk to coelacanths anymore, I've got some wet paint to watch'.

I'm only saying... I think Jim now deserves several apologies. I'm pretty confident that Meursault's self-effacing modesty and complete lack of the regrettable egotism displayed on the AB site will be enough to protect me from a sneering response.
54 of 83  -   Report This Post

meursault

10th February 2015, 19:41
Rosie, I think over the years (and it can only be 20 years max), the AB club have manipulated the AB site manager to a point that they only need to say - "This comment breaks our conventions." But thank you for seeing things the same way I do.

Saoralba, Jim deserves no apology whatsoever from me unless he takes down the accusation on AB that I am solely responsible for AB thread sabotage. What goes around comes around. 'Coelacanth' is mild invective, mild enough to be used in childrens' books, but if you like I'll convert that to "Pockmark !!!"

To all concerned - whichever side of the fence you fall off - the slightly newer member on here than me, emcee, I think made a fair point, perhaps time to move on...
55 of 83  -   Report This Post

grendel

10th February 2015, 20:53
I've got most of the clues but still struggling to spot the quotation and name. Could some kind person give me a nudge for 29 down? Thanks!
56 of 83  -   Report This Post

leon

10th February 2015, 21:14
grendel
29d anagram of barter with
57 of 83  -   Report This Post

melbourne

10th February 2015, 21:17
@grendel
The breakthrough for me came when I remembered where the quotation began. That meant the familiar name preceded it - and, for me, something suddenly clicked.
(How's your mother, by the way?)
58 of 83  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th February 2015, 21:22
KIlled, I fear, melbourne!
59 of 83  -   Report This Post

grendel

10th February 2015, 21:29
Thanks Leon.

And thanks @melbourne for further advice (and for kindly asking after mum. She's seen better days).
60 of 83  -   Report This Post