CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

4th September 2012, 13:47
...10 mins later now just 17d and 19a to do. Even with your clues on Lord's, I'm still stumped.
11 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th September 2012, 14:03
Finally finished. I had to check the urban dictionary for 19d. Learning something new every day !
12 of 52  -   Report This Post

mondrian

4th September 2012, 15:17
Well done to all you clever people - chrise, jazzgirl and chrisg - finishing the crossword so speedily. I have only just bought my RT so cannot comment on anything crossword related. Thought I had better make my contribution early this week as I haven`t had much to say recently.

Its a lovely day here. Are we at the start of an Indian Summer to make up for the lack of a Summer Summer? You must have a lovely garden Jazzgirl with all the work you do in it!

Hope everyone is fit and well, especially Oldgal and Mr Pipesmoker.
13 of 52  -   Report This Post

xfan

4th September 2012, 16:24
2d; anyone got a hint? I have _T_S_N_I and am stuck, although maybe the T is wrong.
14 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th September 2012, 17:09
hi xfan
I've only just been able to log in.
2d is a Capital city in Europe. The T should be an E. Hope this helps.
15 of 52  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

4th September 2012, 17:14
...and hello Mondrian. I wish I could say my garden was lovely, but sadly not. The shrubs are growing out of control, along with the Eucalyptus and the conifers. It's a non-stop job, a bit like the Forth Road Bridge ! I think it will soon be time to hire a gardener ;) I hope you are keeping well.
J
16 of 52  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th September 2012, 17:15
Hi xfan
I suspect that you have entered the wrong homophone in 7ac.
17 of 52  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th September 2012, 17:15
Please ignore last post - it's nonsense!
18 of 52  -   Report This Post

xfan

4th September 2012, 17:18
Thanks jazzgirl, but now I don't have 7a! I had it as hertz which is now obviously wrong. I like the way you offer a clue. Can you help with _E_E_ or is the other E wrong as well?!
19 of 52  -   Report This Post

chrise

4th September 2012, 17:21
I've given a bit of a hint two posts back, by accident. Homphone meaning a gauge and a distance
20 of 52  -   Report This Post