CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

16th August 2012, 10:38
Can we expect to see you at the Crucible next year phillip? Have a good game.
51 of 60  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

16th August 2012, 13:25
Congrats to all the offsprung. The relief is incredible when they get what they need. Be prepared for sobs indeed Mrs T. When we left my elder son at the halls of residence in Glasgow (all of 25 miles away!)I came home and cried buckets because I knew that once they leave home they never truly come back (only hols and stop gaps). However I do believe that staying away from home at university is an important part of the whole experience even though you lose them earlier than if they go to work straight from school, and there are upsides you will find!
52 of 60  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th August 2012, 14:32
Yes, leaving them for their first term away is very hard
"And love is proved in the letting go"
53 of 60  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

16th August 2012, 14:42
Aaaw, so now I see how much my ex-husband adored me when he went off with 'er from No. 27!
54 of 60  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th August 2012, 14:47
Oops,sorry Mrs T
55 of 60  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

16th August 2012, 15:02
Lol,you're right rosalind - letting go is the hardest and best thing we can do for our children. Onwards and upwards!
56 of 60  -   Report This Post

rossim

16th August 2012, 16:11
A relative of mine, at the age of 62, still lives at home with her mother. We wouldn't want that for our children would we?
Incidently, human beings are the only animals that allow their offspring to return to the nest.
57 of 60  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

16th August 2012, 22:22
Very belated congratulations to all concerned!
btw Mrs T: sounds as if you might live somewhere in the region of Chichester, which is where I originally come from. My daughter also studied at Brighton, but only after a long detour via Hamburg & Jena in Germany.Eventually got two qualifications in subjects like Politics, tho' she's never used any of all that.Anyway, I wish your children all the best --- and I'm sure you won't suffer from the Empty Nest syndrome for too long! gk
58 of 60  -   Report This Post

julia-mag

16th August 2012, 22:39
So happy for all who got their places, we have to say cheerio to our twin grandsons who have both got their grades and will split for the first time and go to different universities, one to Aberystwyth for geology and one to Nottingham for science and physics. Will miss them dreadfully.
59 of 60  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

17th August 2012, 08:49
rossim, I wonder if that makes us good or bad parents? gk, you're in vaguely the right area - and do love Chichester :-)
julia-mag - a double whammy for you and your family - and tricky for the twins, but probably good for them. I wouldn't be a teenager now for anything..............but then again................
60 of 60  -   Report This Post