CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mrs trellis

16th August 2012, 08:03
YES! Off to Sussex she goes (sob - but that can wait for another day). Thank you all for your good wishes, including bob's mum - welcome back from your hols, did you have a nice time?
31 of 60  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th August 2012, 08:05
Many congrats! J
32 of 60  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

16th August 2012, 08:25
Well done that girl, many congrats. Is Sussex a long way from u? At the time i felt that my son chose the furthest uni from us that he could, Truro in Cornwall then to Gloucester. Going down to Cornwall was a trek, but ended up falling in love with the place sooooo beautiful.
As we chatted about before Mrs T my daughter is also off in a few weeks, so we have have our sobs together (In private like. lol)
We had a great holiday thanks. lots of sun (too hot at times) good food and wine, read loads and attacked four of Les40's past joint efforts he kindly sent us. I must let him know how we did----not that well I'm afraid. I did not want to come home but hey ho -- getting back into the swing of things ie piles of washing and ironing.
Are u doing anything nice to celebrate today?
33 of 60  -   Report This Post

chrise

16th August 2012, 08:27
Congratulations to your daughter, Mrs T.
34 of 60  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th August 2012, 08:31
Mags - I have a grandaughter at Durham U. One of my other grandaughters gets her results at 10 this morning and she hopes to go to Durham. That leaves me 9 other grandchildren to worry about in the future !
35 of 60  -   Report This Post

mary6

16th August 2012, 09:18
Well done Mrs T's daughter! Just been watching it on the news, found myself welling up remembering my own daughter's results day - and that was 5 years ago!
36 of 60  -   Report This Post

mrs trellis

16th August 2012, 09:22
Thanks again all. Bob's mum - Sussex is only about an hour away, as is Southampton where my son is. Unfortunately they're in opposite directions! How far is bob's uni from you? (UCL/KCL was it?)Glad you had such a nice hol - sounds blissful. We are going to try & go out for lunch to celebrate but I've been bed-bound for the last few days with a bad back. I'll drug up! Then daughter will be off with friends later as they all celebrate/commiserate.
Chrisg - hope your g/daughter gets what she needs
37 of 60  -   Report This Post

emrach

16th August 2012, 09:24
So pleased for your daughter and you- Well Done
38 of 60  -   Report This Post

rosalind

16th August 2012, 09:47
Well done Mrs T's daughter and commisertions for your bad back.Good luck to chrisg's daughter as well.
While waiting in a long queue during Fresher's week at Edinburgh, we were given a questionnaire. One question was "Why have you come to University?" Apparently, if you only answered "To get a degree", you were sent an invitation to see a counsellor!
I didn't get such an invitation.
Best years of my life
39 of 60  -   Report This Post

chrisg

16th August 2012, 09:56
Just heard she got 1 A* + 2 A's..She will be going to Durham. Best wishes and good luck to anyone else waiting to hear their results
40 of 60  -   Report This Post