Matching Words43 Results
Below are the words that matched your query.
- noun - German physicist who founded psychophysics; derived Fechner's law on the basis of early work by E. H. Weber (1801-1887)
- verb - make believe with the intent to deceive;
- make a pretence of; "She assumed indifference, even though she was seething with anger"; "he feigned sleep"
- not genuine; "feigned sympathy"
- - One who feigns or pretends.
- noun - any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile claws
- - A body of felons; specifically, the convict population of a penal colony.
- - The people called Amazons.
- noun - preservation and methodical arrangement as of documents and papers etc.; "I have some filing to do"
- the act of using a file (as in shaping or smoothing an object)
- the entering of a legal document into the public record; "he filed a complaint"; "he filed his tax return"
- a fragment rubbed off by the use of a file
- noun - the management of money and credit and banking and investments
- the branch of economics that studies the management of money and other assets
- obtain or provide money for; "Can we finance the addition to our home?"
- sell or provide on credit
- the commercial activity of providing funds and capital