CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

muraria

3rd October 2026, 18:11
Agree with buddy and others that this was a really impressive construction, linking two wholly different themes to make a coherent whole.
I guessed the second set of seven letters in the title from imputing the other braille themed elements in the grid.
11 of 17  -   Report This Post

slugabed

3rd October 2026, 19:04
Enjoying this one with some amusing surface readings!

I've solved most of the clues, but am struggling with 3. across - Iain Banks in Capri for one destroying those found in The Culture? (5)

I have C?P?O

Any hints aporeciated
12 of 17  -   Report This Post

malone

3rd October 2026, 19:09
'Banks' doesn't need a capital and 'banks in...' usually means something in crosswords. 'For' is also common....
13 of 17  -   Report This Post

slugabed

3rd October 2026, 19:15
Superb Malone - got it now!
14 of 17  -   Report This Post

poacher

3rd October 2026, 19:42
14A is driving me up the wall!! I think I know the second word but despite much scouring across the internet I'm yet to find the answer...
15 of 17  -   Report This Post

ozzy

3rd October 2026, 19:50
Poacher, it's 5, 4 and difficult to guess if you have not heard the term before. An expression from the British Raj.
16 of 17  -   Report This Post

poacher

3rd October 2026, 21:05
Thanks Ozzy, turned out my guess for the second word was completely wrong
17 of 17  -   Report This Post