CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

grunos

9th August 2026, 18:56
I have grid done, the literary figure, where he is memorialised, a load of weird lines drawn on my grid and not much idea about the 2nd point of view. I’m a bit nervous about saying too much with it being the end game but is one point of view in Scotland and another in northwest England?
31 of 49  -   Report This Post

adalja

9th August 2026, 21:44
Hi.

It’s one place.

Have a look at the memorial and what’s on it. Also, have you solved the extra letters and where that leads? When you have the full message and consider the physical memorial alongside it, that’s what helped me get to the end.

The finished grid is a work of art.

Well worth persevering with.
32 of 49  -   Report This Post

poacher

9th August 2026, 23:09
Made great progress so far, but if my 12d is correct the extra letter appears twice.. knowing which one to place a dot on might be tricky
33 of 49  -   Report This Post

adalja

10th August 2026, 00:13
As I think others have said, “on” is the key word in 12dn.
34 of 49  -   Report This Post

0pt0

10th August 2026, 15:09
Struggling with the end game, for a few reasons.

1. I cannot parse 20 across, although looking at the lines from the rest of that group leads me to suspect that it is the second letter which is un-clued.

2. The message from the extra letters from the non-group clues leads to gobbledegook.

3. My lines from groups 2 and three cross each other, which seems odd to me.

Any help would be appreciated.
35 of 49  -   Report This Post

poacher

10th August 2026, 17:11
0pt0, consider the rest of the clues and think about the order of which they might go..
36 of 49  -   Report This Post

0pt0

10th August 2026, 17:34
Brilliant Poacher! I will have a fresh look at it. Thanks.
37 of 49  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

10th August 2026, 18:00
A point of view I am very familiar with in an area I love. Thought it was all a bit fiddly though.

I also dont understand 20a and 31d, despite earlier hints.

Not sure how people unfamiliar with the theme will sort out the last bit, but seems like there is a way of figuring it out I guess.

38 of 49  -   Report This Post

grunos

10th August 2026, 20:51
Thanks adalja. I have the big message now and a candidate for the 6 cells that seems highly likely but the penny still hasn’t fully dropped. I don’t normally submit them but having seen you can now email I was tempted to start. Think I’ll wait till I’m a bit more sure about my endgame!
39 of 49  -   Report This Post

buzzb

10th August 2026, 21:30
20a: Somewhat unfamiliar synonym for 'profits' starting with 'is' - with that 'is' elided

31d:There is a one-letter designation of a person without income - insert that into your clue answer after the first letter and add the extra letter at the end
40 of 49  -   Report This Post