CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

 

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

candledave

7th August 2026, 20:38
18a uses an unusual abbreviation
11 of 49  -   Report This Post

riversk

7th August 2026, 20:43
Thanks. It’s the Paul I can’t sort. Feel like I’m left with either an additional letter or too few letters.

Finally - I promise - I think “on” in 12d must be doing some heavy lifting, to avoid any ambiguities?
12 of 49  -   Report This Post

candledave

7th August 2026, 20:47
It’s a very unusual abbreviation

In 12d I think on is doing exactly what it says otherwise it is superfluous
13 of 49  -   Report This Post

riversk

7th August 2026, 20:58
Many thanks. All fair. Lazy thinking on my part.
14 of 49  -   Report This Post

buzzb

7th August 2026, 21:12
18a: 2-letter abbrev for Paul, reversed, around 2-letter abbrev for Christ with an added vowel

15 of 49  -   Report This Post

riversk

7th August 2026, 21:47
I still think “on” can mean either “atop” or “on board,” although I think the dots resolve any ambiguity.

I enjoyed the puzzle, but wouldn’t bet my life that I got it right. I think the endgame is convincing but hard to feel 100% about.
16 of 49  -   Report This Post

rhsl

8th August 2026, 09:33
I really enjoyed this puzzle, especially the PDMs as everything (gradually) fell into place.

A very impressive piece of work, Pollock. Many thanks.
17 of 49  -   Report This Post

dylan

8th August 2026, 09:58
I have the message from the non-group clues but where it refers to isn’t making any sense. Ideas please?Thanks
18 of 49  -   Report This Post

gitto

8th August 2026, 12:23
Despite having a full grid, I am completely stuck. That is because I cannot parse 1d, 20a, 18a nor 35d in the group clues nor 36a and 31d in the other clues. To further hinder things I haven't a clue what the starred cells, 7 consonants and 3 vowels, refer to.
19 of 49  -   Report This Post

bobsleigh

8th August 2026, 13:11
I have the figure, the place, the dots and lines and the long message reached from the non-group clues. I am not sure to what the last four words of the message refers, so I’m stumped on finding the feature’s name. Any nudges?

I’m also a bit perplexed by the dots and lines, I think I know what sort of scenery is being depicted, but no idea if it’s intended to be something specific!
20 of 49  -   Report This Post