CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

micky

13th May 2023, 23:39
Astute readers of my last post will have noticed two failures to proof-read before posting. I wish I could get into the habit of always checking. One of them is trivial, but the other one has me saying that I liked 16d, and then saying that I didn't like it. The one I meant to say I liked was 18a. I think I looked at the finished crossword to see what number it was, and just saw the first two letters.
61 of 71  -   Report This Post

chrise

13th May 2023, 23:39
Hi roof
Enjoy Rosemoor - we used to visit often when my parents were still alive and lived in Barnstaple. We liked Lady Anne's garden long before the RHS expanded the garden.
12 take "in" away from an old coin and replace it with "a" to get a botanical collection.
I knew I had seen that Montalbano before.
62 of 71  -   Report This Post

dayzymay

14th May 2023, 06:45
Morning all, I'm usually later than this to the party, I give it till Tuesday before posting usually.

Any way have been out of country for a month so am rusty and boy does it show, even with hints can't for the life of me get the 15, 20,24 one so am well and truly stuck....

Help
63 of 71  -   Report This Post

dayzymay

14th May 2023, 06:57
Scratch last post, have just got it......
64 of 71  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

14th May 2023, 09:35
Hi everyone, I'm back to this today because the top third or so is defeating me. I cannot get headway on the 8a/1d/7a/9a combinations. Nobody else seems to be struggling with these ones so clearly it's a blind spot! What's the def I'm looking for in 7a? That might get me started. And is it a spoiler to ask if 8a is the name of a currency?

Thanks
65 of 71  -   Report This Post

chrise

14th May 2023, 09:38
def in 7 is philanderer
8 isn't a specific currency
66 of 71  -   Report This Post

havermonkey

14th May 2023, 09:57
Thanks Chrise! Just needed that nudge and done in 2 minutes. And I get the parsing of 3d now, that really should have helped me with 8a, doh.
67 of 71  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

14th May 2023, 12:09
I've just started this and I'm suprised not to see more comments on 3D, which is indicated as 6,8,9 but the bars in the grid (never mind the fact that 13A doesn't highlight so maybe it won't even let me enter anything) make it look like 21A is (8,1).

So, something is wrong - and if it's deliberate (and yet, the smart folk here have figured it out), then I'd say it's unfair. However, as someone else said, this is the Grauniad, I guess it's not.

I'll assume it really is 6,8,9 unless a kind soul can drop a hint.

Thank you.
68 of 71  -   Report This Post

geeker

14th May 2023, 12:43
See minty@9
69 of 71  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

14th May 2023, 15:21
Thanks geeker, I did see that but now I realise the emphasis - the bar is only in the online version of the grid. Therefore 6,8,9. This looks like a tough one already.
70 of 71  -   Report This Post