CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

unlockholmes

2nd December 2022, 15:24
You're welcome. I had thought, wrongly, that 6d was "statesman" (although I couldn't parse it) and so was in a similar position at first.
11 of 39  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

2nd December 2022, 15:27
Thank you Jono, 1a makes perfect sense now that you have steered me away from matters opthalmic :-)
12 of 39  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

2nd December 2022, 15:32
Thank you, liz. I see I have been beaten to it, otherwise I would have gladly helped out with 14d! Still struggling to parse 2d - think the "model" is the last letter and itself a (v old) car type, and the whole answer is a car type, but Cyclops has got me beat with "bit of a joke" unless he is just referring to a rather cruel genre of witticisms...!
13 of 39  -   Report This Post

loubyloo10

2nd December 2022, 22:04
2d Think Fools and Horses?
4d There is only one word that fits but while I can see the last three letters, I can't see where the "No space for hot" comes in .
11a Satify yourself the state's utter crap, stifling British-American overtures. ?a?t???a?e.
I can think of one word but that would be more in place in the Viz Craptic crossword . Surely not?
14 of 39  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

3rd December 2022, 08:23
Agree with your comment on 4 down. I suppose that there must be a canine which appears if you add an h? Can't think of one though. Of course three of the answer letters are a canine, but...!
11a yes, that is it as far as I can see. Cyclops usually writes clever clues that make you *think* the answer is going to be a bit "iffy" but in fact they aren't - this one is though (unless it's fiendishly clever).!
15 of 39  -   Report This Post

quisling

3rd December 2022, 08:40
Not a puzzle I do, but I think the idea in 4d is that “in” means hot, as in trendy, and the last three letters give dog. And no space for means you run them together, so not ?? ??? but ?????
16 of 39  -   Report This Post

sealionsteve

3rd December 2022, 08:44
Thanks, Quisling - that sounds exactly right!
17 of 39  -   Report This Post

loubyloo10

3rd December 2022, 12:09
4d must be that -don't think I've seen that "device" before.
18 of 39  -   Report This Post

msl4xxl

4th December 2022, 18:29
HI Stuck on these:
18d Strip, sticking one ball in box [7] C?R?O??
19d Spar perhaps with Digger, then a Labour leader [7] M?N?R??
21d Couch potatoes right to be put in sale of rubbish? [7] E?A?E??

Any help greatly appreciated!
19 of 39  -   Report This Post

malone

4th December 2022, 18:31
18 Cartoon, strip - O, one ball, in Carton, box.
20 of 39  -   Report This Post