CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

12th November 2022, 15:27
i was convinced that the outside letters of 21 were CE. Probably more correct!
61 of 98  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

12th November 2022, 15:27
Thanks Chris and geeker, I found a wild sheep in this forum's quick solve ! It makes sense now
62 of 98  -   Report This Post

cymro

12th November 2022, 15:39
Thanks Chrise. 19D sorted at last.
63 of 98  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

12th November 2022, 18:47
I had lots wrong. Corrected 1D (very difficult) and 10A after reading thread.

After reading this thread I still can't get 15A. I had a 3 letter colour containing 4 letter sign but couldn't parse it anyway, and I'm sure it is wrong.

Even with people explaining 22A I can't parse it (I can see a 3 letter shed which explains the N I guess). Looks like the answer I have is correct though.

I can't parse my answers for 9A and 7D either.

Very difficult today.
64 of 98  -   Report This Post

pulmunen

12th November 2022, 18:57
Re 17A, don’t think I’ve seen anyone with the same idea as me; which old ditty/song has the line “early in the morning” in it. If you really push the boundaries of stereotypical, it does just about get there.
65 of 98  -   Report This Post

geeker

12th November 2022, 18:58
15: Your 3-letter colo(u)r is probably correct. Inside that word is (1 letter indicating possessive, followed by a 3-letter word for "sign").
66 of 98  -   Report This Post

roof

12th November 2022, 18:59
Hi everyone

Started very late today (4.30pm) after visit from my daughter and doing some cooking. I've soaked the fruit for the christmas cake which I'll make tomorrow and made a raspberry and almond traybake for Bridge on Monday.

So I was expecting it to take ages. I've done about three quarters, but found it surprisingly easy so far. I hadn't parsed them all, but this thread has confirmed several. e.g. 19d.

I've noted down some of the hints in the thread. But I could do with more hints for 17ac. I think I have 15ac, but cannot parse the sign. I thought 22ac was a straightforward anagram of shed a tear without the she. But it doesn't work.

My Foi was 1d closely followed by 25ac. David W obviously didn't watch the TV series that I saw with my young daughter, after all what other literary lion is there.

So far I've loved 5d and 13d. I'll be back

67 of 98  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

12th November 2022, 19:00
Yup that's how I thought of 17A. Also "like a drunken ___" is a phrase meaning "In an unrestrained, feckless, and frivolous manner. Usually used in reference to spending money."
68 of 98  -   Report This Post

geeker

12th November 2022, 19:02
9 is a charade: 3-letter "ladder" followed by 2-letter "place above".

7 is a double definition, one of the weaker clues in an otherwise artfully crafted puzzle IMO.
69 of 98  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th November 2022, 19:02
Pulmunen
The only relevant song I can think of starts "What shall we do with....", but I still think it's a strange definition.
70 of 98  -   Report This Post