CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

23rd October 2022, 13:22
A typo in the clue for 17 down has been corrected today by Vlad
51 of 72  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

23rd October 2022, 13:46
Good morning, solvers. Sunday morning in Canada and stuck on these two:

16A M.R...R ? Quick Solve doesn't give a likely answer - perhaps someone can indicate the definition, please?

15D Looks like only one thing .. | .O.I.E. but cannot parse it - assuming the definition being "it's personal". That would put an unusual letterin 16A which is more puzzling.

Thank you.

52 of 72  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd October 2022, 13:53
16a is a turret or tower
53 of 72  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd October 2022, 13:56
15d is in Latin directed against a person rather than the position
54 of 72  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd October 2022, 13:56
Hi Jennaralissima,

16a - 3 letter "angry" goes around single letter "one" and single letter "rebel leader" then the last 2 letters are "soldiers" - definition is "tower".

15d - 4 letter "PM" goes around "one" and "name" and all that goes inside an anagram/"hopping" of "mad" - definition is "it's personal" (Latin)
55 of 72  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

23rd October 2022, 14:01
PS. 16a is in Quick solve on this site.....I just checked
56 of 72  -   Report This Post

jennaralissima

23rd October 2022, 14:21
Great. Thanks jazzgirl and brendan. 16A is a new word for me and I kicked myself for not thinking of Latin for 15D.

So, what I am going to do for the rest of my Sunday? Well, I guess that's a puzzle that only I can solve.

Have a great week, everyone. Will check in next time. Unless I can solve one of these before 9 p.m. Canada time on the Friday (GMT 2 a.m.), which I've never yet done, I'm not likely to have much chance to help others as I'm not on the crossword until maybe 1 p.m. GMT on Saturday by which time most people here have already finished it. But I live in hope.
57 of 72  -   Report This Post

brendan

23rd October 2022, 14:28
Thanks, see you next week:-)
58 of 72  -   Report This Post

micky

23rd October 2022, 14:39
As often, I have come here late, because I like to give myself absolutely every chance to finish on my own before seeking help, even if that means leaving one or two clues languishing for more than 24 hours. However, I now have to admit that there's just one clue on which I am totally stuck. It's 13a, which is 4 letters, of which I know 2, so to find it so difficult is particularly frustrating. Any hints, anyone who's still around?
59 of 72  -   Report This Post

micky

23rd October 2022, 14:45
OK, I've got it. I foolishly tried searching for the two words together on Google to see if I could find a relevant connection, and of course the answer showed up in one of the Google hit excerpts. A very disappointing clue to finish with, in my opinion.
60 of 72  -   Report This Post