CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

5th August 2022, 16:00
THE CLUES
Requests for help should normally include the clue itself, the number of letters in the answer, and details of any you already have. Any special instructions or additional information should be included.
NB - Hints only, please, no answers.

THE THEME
Requests may be made here for GENTLE NUDGES only towards the theme. 'Gentle' is tough to define, of course. The aim is to give enough to help, wihtout revealing too much - surely not beyond the capabilities of Listener solvers? Please do not reveal the theme under any circumstances.

Early finishers should avoid any allusions - jocular or otherwise - to the theme.

The Listener is a unique puzzle and should be treated with respect.
1 of 83  -   Report This Post

quisling

5th August 2022, 18:05
Quite fun, if a little fiddly to tie up all the loose ends, but an unambiguous result. Thanks Tringa
2 of 83  -   Report This Post

bananabean

5th August 2022, 22:50
A nudge with 5a or 12a would be appreciated
5a Series about a Greek character returning (6)
12a Previous supplier at first discounting fine shellfish (6)
3 of 83  -   Report This Post

cockie

5th August 2022, 22:53
5A: about + rev
No idea about 12A which is one of my last 3 the others being 4D/33D
4 of 83  -   Report This Post

cockie

5th August 2022, 22:55
For some reason some of my last post was missing.
5A about + ("a" greek character) rev
5 of 83  -   Report This Post

bananabean

5th August 2022, 23:09
Thanks, 5a solved
6 of 83  -   Report This Post

drxx

6th August 2022, 00:05
12 is a six letter word for 'previous' minus its first letter ('discounting...') + first letter of...
First part of 4 33 is a double def (obvious for the first answer but the second is pluralised - the singular would end '...a'). 'the snowbird' is the def for the next - and the queen is from Roman mythology (a goddess).
7 of 83  -   Report This Post

drxx

6th August 2022, 00:17
I agree with the 'fun and fiddly' verdict but I think it's another theme that's had an outing fairly recently.
8 of 83  -   Report This Post

quisling

6th August 2022, 08:27
Indeed, drxx. Just a year ago in IQ. I suppose with more than 200 puzzles a year (including EV, IQ and Magpie,), a degree of duplication is inevitable, but it always leaves me slightly flat
9 of 83  -   Report This Post

bananabean

6th August 2022, 10:05
If I resolve the clash in 1a to leave a real word than I have to discard a letter not in the given phrase. Please help.
10 of 83  -   Report This Post