CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

granama1

2nd July 2022, 21:52
Thanks Malone and drxx. That single letter one is sneaky! You really need to know the answer to work that one out.

Had to laugh at the second one. I'd considered all the other obvious ones but mentally dismissed the right one because I don't think it qualifies as ...... 😄
11 of 14  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd July 2022, 21:59
Thanks, Granama. Although the 'solutions' weren't needed really, they were quite good fun.
12 of 14  -   Report This Post

cruciluci

4th July 2022, 23:44
I'm stuck on the endgame but have the full grid and the missing letters.

So I guess it's not important, but I just can't figure out the wordplay for 4d and 31d.

Best I can do for 31d is a very, very abstract (and medically inaccurate) description of an organ.

And for 4d the only thing I can think of is a French town. But can't see how that would fit in.
13 of 14  -   Report This Post

brendan

5th July 2022, 01:41
Hi Cruciluci,

4d - 2 letter "early English" minus extra letter + 5 letter "strains" (alternate spelling) - definition is "penalties of old" (again, a more unusual spelling)

31d - 3 letter "water-pump" minus extra letter (common word but not a definition I knew) around 2 letter "railroad" (US) - definition is "slippery"
14 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1758