CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

stacpolly

2nd July 2022, 15:20
Completed the grid. Found the 3 names with a date in common but try as I may I can’t get the 3-part name to replace them - a name apparently linked to the same date. Any nudges more than welcome.
1 of 14  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd July 2022, 15:34
Opposites attract...
2 of 14  -   Report This Post

stacpolly

2nd July 2022, 15:46
Thanks Malone - but none the wiser. If you mean someone whose life started (I.e. opposite to names already there) then I have trawled internet at length without joy.
3 of 14  -   Report This Post

buddy

2nd July 2022, 15:53
Only one member of the set that includes the 3 names was "coming" on the same date that the 3 were "going".
4 of 14  -   Report This Post

buddy

2nd July 2022, 15:54
And the preamble says "birth name" so check the WIki for the full birth name.
5 of 14  -   Report This Post

stacpolly

2nd July 2022, 16:12
Many thanks Buddy and Malone.
Saw the likely answer earlier but dismissed it as….
A) it ran over from one light to the next failing to observe boundaries and
B) left a non-word at 1a
Plus it left 6d as a non-word too until I tracked it down in C as a back-formation.
Hey ho!
6 of 14  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd July 2022, 16:12
Sorry, Stacpolly, I wondered if that was a bit too oblique - but my other options had been far too revealing! I hope the later posts have got you to the final stage.
7 of 14  -   Report This Post

granama1

2nd July 2022, 20:54
I appear to have completed this without solving the first two cryptic indications (the 3rd one appears to be sufficient).

I'd appreciate a hint or two for my own satisfaction. For the second one am I looking for a prepared type or a constituent type of the second word? Assuming I have split the clues correctly.

Thanks.
8 of 14  -   Report This Post

malone

2nd July 2022, 21:35
Granama, think of one of the most commonly-ordered (blank) in chains and where all the chains started could help...
9 of 14  -   Report This Post

drxx

2nd July 2022, 21:43
The one that's a single letter is the 4th letter in...
The one that's a drink has lost its final 'o' to leave a person from...
10 of 14  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » IQ 1758