CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

suzannahj

6th July 2022, 18:20
Hi!

It's recycling bin tomorrow and the Saturday Review can go in it if I can solve one last issue with this one. I just can't see the parsing for 19A - Obsolete function is to spread deuterium. I know the first two words are the definition, but what's the wordplay?

Suzannah x
41 of 46  -   Report This Post

buddy

6th July 2022, 18:33
'is' as in he's /she's /it's; a word meaning to spread grass for drying; the symbol for the element deuterium.
42 of 46  -   Report This Post

suzannahj

6th July 2022, 18:40
Thanks Buddy! I'm off to put the bin out now...
43 of 46  -   Report This Post

candledave

7th July 2022, 18:55
Slightly off topic but I won a recent Listener and just received the latest edition of Brewers Phrase and Fable book…… two months after I bought the latest edition of Brewers Phrase and Fable.

Anyone want it - going cheap??
44 of 46  -   Report This Post

mooncow

12th July 2022, 16:36
cd, it does say you can choose from other books — will they exchange it? I rather assumed they’d give me a call or send an email to ask about the prize, and was rather surprised to get the Brewer’s just arrive out of the blue. In my case, it was quite apt, as my aged copy dates from the last millennium so an update with Ms Dent’s handiwork was fortuitously welcome.
45 of 46  -   Report This Post

candledave

13th July 2022, 15:17
mooncow, I too had assumed that I would be asked, but no biggie, I will just give away as a present to someone.

If I ever win again though, I'll be straight on to them to select something else
46 of 46  -   Report This Post