CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

zdee

4th July 2022, 00:23
Brain fart! Figured out my error the moment I posted that
31 of 46  -   Report This Post

lexawkward

4th July 2022, 04:12
Hello, I'd be grateful if somebody could send me a copy of this week's Listener:

Note by Admin - lexawkard has received the requested info so email address removed
32 of 46  -   Report This Post

williamseal

4th July 2022, 06:51
Very nice to be able to complete one without even needing to come to this Forum. Thanks Vismut
I too have a family connection: Aunt Jenny was a pioneer in this field.
Did anyone else fall down the same hole? I thought the missing letters led to a work by Malory!
33 of 46  -   Report This Post

taittinger

4th July 2022, 12:23
Just started this, and relieved to be able to put answers straight into the grid. How old-fashioned...
34 of 46  -   Report This Post

mooncow

4th July 2022, 17:52
This puzzle might have seemed more challenging at another time, but after the last few weeks seemed refreshingly straightforward! Some clues did take a bit of parsing, though. I think I figured these all out to my satisfaction in the end, but I do feel there are a couple of really thin definitions being used. For example, in the second part of the first linked clue, the alternative spelling used in the answer is given in BRB as an alternative for the tree but not, at least in my edition, for the actual definition the clue relies on… Still, minor criticism for an interesting and enjoyable puzzle with a good theme, reasonably tractable endgame, and thank goodness no d**n erasing or changing to do!!

PS for anyone still looking for the “linked in a similar way”, note that the preamble claims this for the *clues* (rather than, for example, the answers).
35 of 46  -   Report This Post

hounds

4th July 2022, 17:56
Yes, good for this bear of little brain to be able to fill the grip and do the curves...but, notwithstanding HW7's 6/35 I'm still mystified by the numbered clues' links...

Could someone kindly give me a less gentle hint please?

Thanks

M
36 of 46  -   Report This Post

hounds

4th July 2022, 17:59
*grid
37 of 46  -   Report This Post

buddy

4th July 2022, 18:04
The "linked"; answers are linked in a particular way; adjacent numbered clues are similarly linked (try looking at the clues side by side rather than one on top of the other)
38 of 46  -   Report This Post

hounds

4th July 2022, 21:48
Thank you Buddy!
39 of 46  -   Report This Post

smellyharry

6th July 2022, 17:41
Great puzzle, thanks Vismut. Nicely challenging without being too tricky, end game took 5 minutes (hurray), little trick with the numbered clues very funny.

Top marks from me.
40 of 46  -   Report This Post