CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

candledave

13th June 2022, 11:09
Split up “cube” and “numbers etc” all reversed
51 of 148  -   Report This Post

jordan

13th June 2022, 11:19
How about a three letter word for a cube used in snakes and ladders...

followed by a two letter abbreviation for a set of books including Numbers and maybe Genesis...

and then reverse them

or maybe not - good enough for me though
52 of 148  -   Report This Post

cs75

13th June 2022, 11:26
Thanks gents.
53 of 148  -   Report This Post

0pt0

13th June 2022, 14:48
I have cold-solved just over half the clues and have started filling the grid. My north-west quadrant seems to work and I have made a start on the north-east quadrant, but I fear I may have gone wrong. I have the answer to the "South Burmese....." clue and the answers to the "He acts oddly...." and "Pass hare..." clues interacting.

I have only solved two of the nine letter clues and the only one which will fit on the central row is the answer to the "Florid gold.... " clue.

In the south-east quadrant I have tentatively entered interacting answers to the "More down...." and "Eg, two-decker....." clues.

I know that specific answers can no longer be given on this site, but would it break the rules for some kind soul to tell me whether I have got any of these wrong?
54 of 148  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th June 2022, 15:08
Hi Opto, look again in the SE and part of the "South Burmese", "He acts" and "Pass hare"
55 of 148  -   Report This Post

williamseal

13th June 2022, 15:55
Hello DSC (or other kind souls)

Am limping along at a very slow rate. Solved two more this morning. so would like to ask for another nudge if I may. Is the seven letter answer at the top of the second column the one that ends with 'choppers'.
If so I will set off again? A real tough one.

Thanks
56 of 148  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th June 2022, 16:01
Hi Williamseal, bon voyage! 😉
57 of 148  -   Report This Post

ukridge

13th June 2022, 16:08
Everything was going swimmingly until i got to the final part of the endgame and I seem to have made a mistake somewhere. My instruction on what to do "after extending the second instruction..." consists of an eight-letter word followed by six letters that don't make any sense. Is that the right number of letters for that instruction? Can anyone see where I might be going wrong?
58 of 148  -   Report This Post

ukridge

13th June 2022, 16:10
Ha, I've just spotted it. How dim of me!
59 of 148  -   Report This Post

ukridge

13th June 2022, 16:15
Sometimes I get so absorbed in the process that I don't look at what's in front of me. I had made a 'typo' as well but should have seen that straight away.
60 of 148  -   Report This Post