CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cloverjo

11th May 2022, 21:48
I’m very sad about this. Why does everything have to be interactive anyway? Why can’t we sit down with a dictionary, a freshly sharpened pencil and the newspaper?
One of the best bits of the weekend.
Humph!
11 of 61  -   Report This Post

puzzledom

11th May 2022, 22:11

I don’t subscribe to either the telegraph newspaper or their puzzles site. I have tried both in the past but cancelled them because of frequent problems with ‘bugs’ in the software. I buy the Sunday Telegraph primarily for the EV puzzle, if that goes I won’t be buying it again. Please puzzles editor reconsider your decision.
12 of 61  -   Report This Post

mapledurwell

11th May 2022, 22:54
Like many, it seems, the EV is the sole reason for buying the ST. It should never have been moved to the puzzle pages, but as an intellectual gem should have continued to command a regular spot on the back page. Just because something is genuinely challenging is no reason to ditch it. Sundays will be all the poorer without it.
13 of 61  -   Report This Post

jlc

12th May 2022, 06:12
Like many I joined in with the campaign to overturn the decision last time around. I hope I'm wrong but this seems like a done deal this time.

My telegraph subs will be cancelled too.

Terrible decision
14 of 61  -   Report This Post

puzzledom

12th May 2022, 08:45
I’m going to write directly to the EV puzzles editor to register my disappointment at this decision.

If anyone wants to do the same the email is puzzleseditor@telegraph.co.uk

15 of 61  -   Report This Post

peejayemm

12th May 2022, 10:47
This is rotten news. I have sent an email to the Puzzles Editor expressing my hope that this decision can be reversed. I encourage others to do the same.
16 of 61  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

12th May 2022, 11:35
Likewise, my email will be going to both the EV and the puzzles editor. I also intend using snail mail to express my dismay at this appalling decision to the CEO of the Telegraph Media Group.
17 of 61  -   Report This Post

bigf

12th May 2022, 11:45
I too am dismayed and upset by this. I am not just a "Sunday Solver", the EV entertains me periodically throughout the week and my sole reason for buying the Telegraph is for the EV. It would be interesting to know what effect this decision will have on the sales figures.
18 of 61  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

12th May 2022, 12:04
I have just mailed Chris Lancaster to express my disappointment.

I took the liberty to suggest that the decision could surely only have been taken by a group of Philistines whose idea of high culture is probably a Saturday night in with Ant & Dec and a pizza.
19 of 61  -   Report This Post

drxx

12th May 2022, 12:53
The decision makers at The Telegraph are more likely to be computer scientists who prefer algorithms to Ant and Dec and pizza.
My cancellation will be on the way very soon and, as I'm only a couple of months into my renewal, I expect to be reimbursed - because they must have known part of the deal was being scrapped at the time (and I'll be cancelling my subscription to the newspaper as well).
20 of 61  -   Report This Post