CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jogamel

8th May 2022, 20:04
What a lot of compliments to Pointer! May I join in too? I loved this very much and for once did not need help except to check some parsing today. We here on the Yorkshire/ Lancashire border in a virtually unknown little town say a big thank you Pointer.
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

10th May 2022, 10:32
After failing miserably with The Listener, I was pleased with myself for almost solving this excellent puzzle. I'm stymied by the unchecked entries at Row 3. I know the letters required, and that there is a unique solution, but cannot work out the logic for their entries. Something to do with the rules of the game presumably.
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

muraria

10th May 2022, 15:25
bc,
Try alternating the letters in the name of the game between the two entries, following the rules
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

10th May 2022, 17:45
Definitely the best of the weekend crop. Thank you, Pointer.
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

bobbycollins

10th May 2022, 18:15
Thanks, muraria.
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

betty2

12th May 2022, 08:56
Afraid I can't join in with the gushing enthusiasm here. It's one of those ones where unless you know the theme, there's no way to work it out. I've solved all the clues and have a grid full except for unchecked squares and ambiguities.

Googling for "book with a Stella and a (presumably) house in it" is obviously fruitless. A very frustrating puzzle indeed.
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

malone

12th May 2022, 09:29
Betty2, a shame you didn't enjoy this one. 'Stella' isn't theperson needed...a slightly longer name is required.
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

malone

12th May 2022, 09:31
PS, Betty2 - and Googling the name and 'house' takes you straight to what's needed.
38 of 38  -   Report This Post