CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

7th May 2022, 20:46
Is it a 3 letter word beginning with M that, if in front of the answer, would give a fruit?
21 of 38  -   Report This Post

malone

7th May 2022, 20:48
Yes, Brendan, it'd give a fruit (well, fruits)
22 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th May 2022, 20:51
That's great, thanks again Malone.

I think I might have OCD or something as I just can't put a puzzle down unless I know how every letter is arrived at - it can be very exhausting!
23 of 38  -   Report This Post

quisling

7th May 2022, 21:14
Brendan I’m the same. And it’s actually one of the best ways to improve. I think your progress has been remarkable since I noticed you posting on here, and I’m sure it’s in no small part due to that.

If I’m right about the “extra mark” idea it is devious. The concept of altering letters, eg remove a loop to go from B to P, occurs every now and again and almost always catches me out. So I probably see it when it isn’t there!
24 of 38  -   Report This Post

cranberryboat

7th May 2022, 21:15
Well that was tough ... but very original and hugely entertaining The incorporation of the game rules very clever indeed - stunning.grid construction. Puzzle of the year for me, will take some beating.
25 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th May 2022, 21:21
Thanks Quisling, I really appreciate that:-)
26 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

8th May 2022, 00:48
Ha! Finally got the game, location and players but I'll put aside for the night and do the scoring tomorrow. (I spent way too long thinking it had something to do with Quidditch and Harry Potter 😜)
27 of 38  -   Report This Post

qesue

8th May 2022, 08:15
Good morning - have got a full grid with, hopefully, all letters in the correct places however despite a long grid stare can’t find the 10-letter sequence. Please could someone help
28 of 38  -   Report This Post

ozzy

8th May 2022, 09:07
Qesue, the preamble just means that in those columns the first answer 'plays' the game against the second answer, each time leading to a 10-letter sequence that could appear in the game. There is no further sequence to find so you have successfully finished!
29 of 38  -   Report This Post

qesue

8th May 2022, 09:20
Thank you Ozzy having re-read the preamble I can see that I misunderstood
30 of 38  -   Report This Post