CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

noeyedeer

17th April 2022, 15:20
Thanks Docrum!
61 of 150  -   Report This Post

buddy

17th April 2022, 15:25
barny, it's a cryptic def, and not a very good one I think. If you cut your throat doing this, you're doing it all wrong.
62 of 150  -   Report This Post

roof

17th April 2022, 15:57
I'm with you noeyedeer. It is a beast and there are no definitons for the word once you include the two letters, which I think is unfair.

I'm about half way but struggling over every clue. I took the precaution of writing down all the possible two letters from the theme, but it doesn't help much. I can't get 12d despite the hints. I have the same letters as Rocky7 and haven't managed to work out where the theme letters go.

But I can explain 1ac. It is the 5 letter word you are thinking of but the sides ar from left ro right and the theme letters are in the middle. I've been expecting them at the starts or the ends.

Similarly, I haven't got 49d, but I have got 50d and 75ac. I see you have the latter now. 50d definition is musical style. The clue splits Way (4), service (2) and brighten up (4).

Best of luck
63 of 150  -   Report This Post

noeyedeer

17th April 2022, 15:58
Got the north west corner, now just south west to go and a few odd ones in the middle - getting there slowly!
64 of 150  -   Report This Post

noeyedeer

17th April 2022, 16:02
Completely agree Roof! We’ll have earnt ourselves a cup of tea and a slice of simnel cake (afraid mine is shop bought!) after all this!! I might swap tea for wine mind you! Thanks for your tips, I’ll have another look
65 of 150  -   Report This Post

granama1

17th April 2022, 16:11
Roof. The final version of 12d might be clued 'Geriatric teacher could paint a bit' (3,6).
66 of 150  -   Report This Post

barny

17th April 2022, 16:21
Are my letters correct now then for 15ac w*d*k*r?
67 of 150  -   Report This Post

jono

17th April 2022, 16:24
Barney, the D is wrong
68 of 150  -   Report This Post

barny

17th April 2022, 16:26
Doh! D in the wrong place. Got it now
69 of 150  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

17th April 2022, 16:30
That was fun. The PDM for the theme came fairly early and with the “relative positions” prompt in the preamble it was pretty plain sailing. Took time out to visit the pair of swans on the farm reservoir. The pen has had a torrid time the last two years. She lost her long term mate to a power line in 2020 then all her cygnets to predation and a sudden freeze. Last year she had a new young cob but the “toy boy” did not help her to produce fertile eggs and it was a barren season. This year she has another new partner, older and bigger. He is currently on the nest while she is feeding and gathering more nest material. 8 eggs already and she may not have finished laying given that he is minding the clutch.
70 of 150  -   Report This Post