CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mystogre

26th February 2022, 19:47
PdSr - your supposition is correct.
51 of 63  -   Report This Post

rocky7

26th February 2022, 22:21
Luko. Very good observation. I never did have to use one but my engineer uncle taught me. I'm a big football fan but dislike pundit clichés of which this is one they churn out. And you're right. They are anything but precision.
52 of 63  -   Report This Post

micky

27th February 2022, 20:41
Unfortunately I usually get here after most people have gone, because it usually takes me beyond Saturday to complete the Saturday puzzle, and I don't like to pick up any help unless I'm close to exhausting any possibility of solving everything on my own. However, I liked this crossword on the whole, with quotea number of good clues, so COD was a tight decision, but I eventually settled for 1a, which as far as remember nobody else picked out. I liked the double use of "head on spike seen entering here" as both definition and part of the wordplay. The only thing I was stuck on was the definition for 10a, so thank you Brendan for explaining that. No doubt a much easier clue for football fans.

FOI 5d, LOI 10a.
53 of 63  -   Report This Post

micky

27th February 2022, 20:43
I wish I could learn to always proof read before posting. In my last message, "quotea" should have been "quite a".
54 of 63  -   Report This Post

culmer

2nd March 2022, 09:47
i've been saving this for the moment when the news just got too much....today was the day. Thanks for Paul for a fun and witty puzzle and the chance to think clearly again.
55 of 63  -   Report This Post

barny

4th March 2022, 15:16
Has anyone else noticed that the guardian's own solutions today give 'sheiks' as the answer to 12 across. The grid has 7 letters not 6. I use the app and it won't tick complete. A real grauniad?
56 of 63  -   Report This Post

barny

4th March 2022, 15:18
I filled in as 'sheikhs'
57 of 63  -   Report This Post

jono

4th March 2022, 15:44
Well spotted Barney, that probably does explain the absence of the elusive ✅ which a number of us noted last weekend
58 of 63  -   Report This Post

barny

4th March 2022, 16:28
Thought it was just me with my dodgy spelling. Annoying. A bit a**l but it spoils my row of ✅s
59 of 63  -   Report This Post

brendan

4th March 2022, 18:55
Thanks Barny, I had wondered why, after almost a week, I had yet to get a ✅
60 of 63  -   Report This Post