CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

12th December 2021, 16:17
Thanks Roof,

I'm glad you and your friend stuck with it.

18d - All you letters are correct. For "our existing declaration" think if it was 'my existing' it might be "I Am" but it's "our" hence .. ?E AR? minus the last letter/'limited' and your right about the "cricket side" - for the definition "lose effect" think about the painkillers for your sore shoulder, after a while they ...... or 'lose effect.
71 of 74  -   Report This Post

roof

12th December 2021, 18:33
Aaaaah!
72 of 74  -   Report This Post

harrylime

17th December 2021, 09:34
Just finished this (started late). A couple of posters have pointed out that the puzzle is a double pangram, but I don't think anyone yet has pointed out that the 26 entries end in different letters. I've never seen this before, and am very impressed. Well done Brendan. The first letters of entries are also spread widely through the alphabet.
73 of 74  -   Report This Post

jono

17th December 2021, 10:01
Great spot Harry Lime (The Third Man?), thanks for sharing, interesting to see if the 225 blog picks up on this tomorrow. Should have realised Brendan had something a little more clever than a double pangram up his sleeve!
74 of 74  -   Report This Post