CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paulrt

8th August 2021, 11:26
Hi all, this is my first post however I read the forum regularly and always enjoy the comments (and occasionally the help!).
Thoroughly enjoyed the puzzle and found it all fairly straightforward with a couple of exceptions. Can’t see 15a at all (think I have 4a part correct) and don’t understand definition of 9/18 but have the answer parsed from wordplay. Any hints much appreciated.

Excellent crossword and thanks to Brendan and Paul. COD for me unsurprisingly 21a.
71 of 93  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th August 2021, 11:31
welcome paulrt
15 is "business", as in "what's my ????"
9/18 is us, the endangered species
72 of 93  -   Report This Post

paulrt

8th August 2021, 12:32
Thanks ChrisE,

Wasn’t aware of that reference re 9/18 … I’d have assumed the opposite was true! The IUCN red list agrees with me.
Just understood def of 4/15 - it’s been so long since I’ve employed such tactics I’d forgotten they existed.

Many thanks
73 of 93  -   Report This Post

dayzymay

8th August 2021, 15:42
Afternoon all, always late to the party as like to do as much as I can.... Baffled by 6 down, 11, 13 across but got there with the rest of it so gentle hints welcome.
74 of 93  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

8th August 2021, 16:08
6D something Tufty might have helped help you with.
11A is straightforward enough if you don't mess up the anagram for 1D like I did.
13A is a 4 letter word for lean (written backwards) inside a word meaning "serve for".
75 of 93  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

8th August 2021, 16:09
Tufty OR Darth Vader in fact ;)
76 of 93  -   Report This Post

dayzymay

8th August 2021, 17:11
Thanks for that PS, got there in the end, got stuck with the K word for some reason, and the pennies dropped after that cheers
77 of 93  -   Report This Post

crypticsilver

8th August 2021, 18:12
Late to the party again, this was a rather challenging puzzle for me. I did eventually with help this great forum crack most of it apart from 4,15. I cannot get it, I admit I may have a wrong letter in 6d. Parking it for now, dinner needs to be made!
78 of 93  -   Report This Post

crypticsilver

8th August 2021, 19:32
Finished, had a PDM for 4,15 resulting in a corrected 6d. Much relieved.
79 of 93  -   Report This Post

doglover

8th August 2021, 19:47
Just the sort of Paul that I enjoy - not overly difficult but plenty of witty and ingenious clues. For the first time in a good few weeks, was able to complete in one visit without any external help. A relief as I failed to finish last week’s Picaroon even with the many hints on this forum! Couldn’t help noticing the same word featuring in the solution to the excellent 21a and one of last week’s clues. All in all a very pleasant hour or two, followed by the usual enjoyment of reading through the forum thread.
80 of 93  -   Report This Post