CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

paradigmshifter

26th June 2021, 22:41
Hearts is easy yeah, remove the 2 of diamonds, everyone gets 17 cards (you can play 4 player without removing a card, everyone gets 13 then). Every heart is worth 1 point, Ace of Spades is worth 7, King of Spades is worth 10, Queen of Spades is worth 13. Points are bad and you get points if you win a trick containing a card that scores points. Pass 3 cards to the right before you start. Play whist with no trumps. If you get all the penalty cards you score -50 instead of 43 ("Jump the moon").

Winner is one on lowest score when loser passes 100 points. Or you win if you get to -100.

When your opponents work out you are attempting to jump the moon it gets exciting.
61 of 65  -   Report This Post

lunaticfridge

26th June 2021, 22:50
Did’t start this till late today due to work commitments, and then had trouble getting going. FOI 1ac. LOI 3D, which I am still not certain about. Lots of clues I liked, but COD for me is 20a.
62 of 65  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

26th June 2021, 22:55
Wikipedia will tell you if 3D is correct or not. Getting 1A first had to help with that one I guessed 3D (cos only thing I could think would fit, and it was a painting, with something upside down in it) and that was wrong so stopped me getting 1A myself.
63 of 65  -   Report This Post

paradigmshifter

26th June 2021, 22:57
Baselitz began to paint figures upside-down in the late 1960s, insisting that viewers should concentrate on the lines and marks of the painting rather than its resemblance to reality.

So he made it much harder for me to get 1A ;)
64 of 65  -   Report This Post

roof

27th June 2021, 00:06
Hi Brendan

Thanks for the hint for 25ac. Just three to get now, but I think I'll leave them until tomorrow.

I was lucky to learn Bridge at school. Our Maths teacher taught us. Then I went on to play at Uni and later when I lived in Sheffield. I started again aftera 30 year gap, but refuse to play Duplicate or in a club. Our Bridge group is very informal and therefore fun. We play something called Chicago which means we swap partners and opponents after four games.

By the way, I can't play chess. I'm hopeless. But I know lots of other card games.
65 of 65  -   Report This Post