CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mapledurwell

29th November 2020, 18:14
Sorry - didn't put the puzzle number.
1 of 38  -   Report This Post

drxx

29th November 2020, 18:36
This is in your other thread, Mapledurwell -

buddy
29th November 2020, 18:17
Start in the upper left, finish in the lower right. Get out your micrometer to tell whether your line actually touches some of the cells.

I'd add that symmetry is possible (depending on how you look at the grid) and it helps with the initial selection.
2 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

30th November 2020, 03:40
Wow! This is proving super difficult - but great fun all the same.

After putting what looked liked possible answers to 21a and 27d, I think I've figured out "what every other clue has at least one of", so hopefully things should get a bit easier - I live in hope:-)
3 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

30th November 2020, 08:31
This is so frustrating, I've got everything done bar 4d where I have SWA?S (the last letter is missing) but I just can't see it - I assume the SS is from "on board" but that leaves WA? for "truant" but I also haven't got a definition?
4 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

30th November 2020, 08:33
Cancel that - the miracle of posting strikes again!
5 of 38  -   Report This Post

candledave

30th November 2020, 09:26
I found it a relatively difficult EV but did get significantly easier once the first penny dropped and you could work out what the clues were meant to be saying.

2 questions remain.

What’s the parsing of 32A?

Is there anything thematic about the placing of other blank cells or are they just to had a bit of complexity and some additional hunting at the end?
6 of 38  -   Report This Post

candledave

30th November 2020, 10:06
Sorted the parsing now, until I posted I couldn't sufficiently separate the "one" and the "chef initially"

Still wonder whether I am missing something else thematically although I get what the end line drawing is showing.
7 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

30th November 2020, 10:09
Hi CandleDave,

I've got everything done but I draw the grid by hand and Drxx alluded to one needing a micrometer to get the alignment right so, although I'm certain of my epty squares I can't seem to make the align:-(
8 of 38  -   Report This Post

candledave

30th November 2020, 10:20
Brendan,

If you look at the grid looking in the usual way for a hidden message that might help, although the lines obviously don't go through the cells in a neat diagonal way.

the phrase is 1,5,2,11
9 of 38  -   Report This Post

brendan

30th November 2020, 10:26
Thanks CD, I'll look at it with fresh eyes later today.
10 of 38  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1463