CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jono

29th November 2020, 12:59
Combine the first two letters of 12 and 24a perhaps?!
51 of 53  -   Report This Post

silverfox

30th November 2020, 13:50
I didn't enjoy that one at all. I got some of the themed answers without getting anywhere near the source of the theme, not being into that kind of thing. It was not until somebody mentioned that they were all songs by a specific European group that I finally looked it up and got the remaining answers, most of which I'd never heard of. But what is the point if you have to resort to using internet searches to solve the puzzle? I felt like the man at the pub quiz who gets no right answers when it comes to pop and TV shows. Sorry if I sound grumpy. I usually like Paul, especially his more risque answers.
52 of 53  -   Report This Post

luko

1st December 2020, 01:06
Well, I enjoyed that (but slow to post). The first prize over completed without resorting to this (wonderful!) forum for ages: 19A took me towards the theme and 17A locked it in for. I had to use a list on Wikipedia (promoting the mutual benefit bit of the web, rather than one of the tax free giants) to get all the themed answers but they're my time so I remembered most of them.
Nice to see words like 12A, 16D; lots of COD candidates but probably 8d
53 of 53  -   Report This Post