CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

suzannahj

12th September 2020, 18:50
Thanks Buddy! I did mean 3d (rather than 2d) and the other one that I was stuck on turned out to be obvious.

And your hint was perfect. Not a favourite play of mine, but one I've just about managed to sit through on a couple of occasions.
11 of 42  -   Report This Post

merenz

13th September 2020, 00:59
All done. I enjoyed it... thanks Phi. Only one ambiguity to resolve for me. Why “(10 letters)” in 29d?
12 of 42  -   Report This Post

ginge

13th September 2020, 01:20
Hi merenz, split the answer into 3 components 1:2:1
13 of 42  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th September 2020, 06:24
15a Queen blocking symbol of victory in courts no longer (6)

Nobody else seems to have had any problems with this but, for the life of me, I just can't see it. I've got 5 of the six letters, post code, which I'm pretty sure are correct, but the combination doesn't appear in any word-search engines - where have I gone wrong?
14 of 42  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th September 2020, 06:28
Ahhhh! Cancel that, I drew the grid by hand and omitted one of the bars - again 😡
15 of 42  -   Report This Post

malone

13th September 2020, 06:29
Brendan, you're showing (6) but the answer has only 5! It's the slightly less common abbreviation for 'Queen' inside a three letter word meaning 'symbol of victory'. The definition in Chambers confirms the 'courts no longer'.
16 of 42  -   Report This Post

malone

13th September 2020, 06:30
Thanks for the update, Brendan. I had to make a strong effort to avoid saying, 'you've done it again'!
17 of 42  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th September 2020, 06:32
Hi Malone,

I don't know what's wrong with me, I keep making the same mistake over and over an.........
18 of 42  -   Report This Post

brendan

13th September 2020, 06:38
Hi Malone,

You'd think, given my track record, that it would be the very first thing I check...but no - First I check every available source on the internet, exhaust every possible permutation of the letters in Chambers, deleting them one at a time, and then, when all that fails, do I then check my grid? Of course not! I post the query on here - Honestly, i amaze myself sometimes 🤪
19 of 42  -   Report This Post

malone

13th September 2020, 06:45
Brendan, maybe your brain likes the extra challenge? If you've put a few obstacles - well, the one, same obstacle - in your path, your little grey cells will be working overtime to resolve things!
20 of 42  -   Report This Post