CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

piffleworthy

4th September 2022, 11:44
Missing EV from the website MIGHT be an honest error. The brief for the new puzzles pages might have been set before the decision not to discontinue EV was taken, but nobody thought to inform the webpage designer.

Anyway, I have emailed them at product_puzzles@ xyz (where they ask for feedback) to express my disappointment at what must surely be an oversight and asked for it to be fixed.

I would encourage everyone to do the same. It seems that they do listen, so we need maximum noise and disgruntlement on the matter!

Have a great Sunday!
111 of 123  -   Report This Post

xwordfan

4th September 2022, 12:18
moniker....the new subscription for telegraph crosswords seems to be £3.99 a month or £29.99 for the year.....BUT who knows whether EV will appear....it may just be an oversight today or maybe not...!
112 of 123  -   Report This Post

mistersting

4th September 2022, 12:35
Hi anyone who reads this!

If someone could send me a copy, that would be lovely.

I'm at firstnamelastname@gmail.com

My name is Calum Proctor.

Thanks!
113 of 123  -   Report This Post

moniker

4th September 2022, 12:37
It could be an honest error, but I'd originally heard (believe it was echoed here) that it was due for removal online in "summer 2022", so maybe this is the opposite and they've finally caught up to the original brief now we're heading into autumn!

I'd already emailed saying I'm happy to resub if it comes back, but have no real interest otherwise. Time will tell for now, I suppose.
114 of 123  -   Report This Post

piffleworthy

4th September 2022, 12:44
It would be especially odd to put it in the paper and not on the website. All the composition has been done and they could simply link to a pdf. There's practically no extra effort involved.

Anyway, I hope for the best and that it's an oversight which will be corrected.
115 of 123  -   Report This Post

buddy

4th September 2022, 14:48
Add me to the growing list of "happy to get a scan if available";

slu 'dot' drb 'at' gmail 'dot' com

The spammers already have this one, so no worries there.

Thanks in advance.
116 of 123  -   Report This Post

hearing

4th September 2022, 17:57
I would certainly join the list of those grateful for a scan. Have enjoyed doing all the barred crosswords over last 10 years, but not going to buy yet another bag of recycling each week. Seems like a careless/ cynical decision. Address.
EVsmuggler "at" hotmail "point" com
117 of 123  -   Report This Post

drewt

4th September 2022, 22:05
I will cancel my sub if the ev is ended as I look forward to it every week and it makes returning home from holidays bearable as I usually have a couple waiting to attempt
118 of 123  -   Report This Post

ridders

5th September 2022, 12:06
I only discovered this site yesterday when I was trying to find out what had happened to the EV puzzle online. I didn't know it was an issue that had been bubbling away for a few months. Received a reply to my e-mail to the puzzle dept this morning, which essentially said that EV could not be included online due to "the complexity of the puzzle. However it was still available in the print edition !"

I'm not paying £150 a year extra just to be able to try the puzzle I really like to solve.

Bye bye Telegraph, it was fun while it lasted...
119 of 123  -   Report This Post

ridders

5th September 2022, 12:14
I should add that while the suggestion by Jack Aubrey to get a copy of EV from the press reader in your local library is a good idea, the copy I managed to get from the site yesterday has a whacking great watermark with "not for sale" over the puzzle, the only one in the puzzle section to have this. (Strange, that !) Whether it would be acceptable as a competition entry is another matter.
120 of 123  -   Report This Post