CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cockie

15th February 2020, 17:42
Grid filled, apart from the top and bottom rows. It would seem that a heretical, but not blasphemous (I quote one of the writers) movie is what it's about, but the character from the Down clues seems to be a very minor part. What am I missing? It seems reasonable to expect that all entries are real words.
1 of 27  -   Report This Post

drxx

15th February 2020, 17:57
I think you mean IQ, cockie.
Down additions that cross the top and bottom rows are real words but the two unclued lights involved aren't single words (you've got the character right, so not too many lines to look through).
2 of 27  -   Report This Post

ginge

15th February 2020, 18:00
Hi cockie,
I'm assuming your query related to today's IQ rather than EV1422. There's a scene towards the end which parodies an "epic" film and this character utters something in addition to those around him.
3 of 27  -   Report This Post

cockie

15th February 2020, 18:03
yeah, stupid time chez cockie. I do indeed mean IQ and I'm aware of the homage to another movie (star recently deceased) ... but I can't get anything sensible to fit. I shall persevere, happy that at least I'm in the right general area.
4 of 27  -   Report This Post

orson

18th February 2020, 20:04
This is about the real EV 1422. I've just finished it, having previously put it away for a day or so. A bit of a slog and (for me) an obscure and not very interesting subject. Sorry, but I suppose all tastes have to be catered for.
5 of 27  -   Report This Post

malone

18th February 2020, 20:13
Orson, sorry you didn't enjoy EV - I quite liked it! I didn't mind the obscure subject - I found it more interesting than the Inquisitor one.
6 of 27  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

18th February 2020, 22:26
I’m struggling here. (No change there.)
Can anyone help with a hint for 5d, please?

One names northern house junior to adopt appropriate technology (9)
?o??na???
7 of 27  -   Report This Post

malone

18th February 2020, 22:38
Cloverjo, The definition is 'One names' , say at a meeting. There's the common 'northern' and a common 'junior'.. and I can't remember the rest, sorry!
8 of 27  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

18th February 2020, 22:43
Thanks, malone.
9 of 27  -   Report This Post

malone

19th February 2020, 07:01
Cloverjo, glad I could help. I didn't have my copy to hand, so couldn't say anything about extra or missing letters.
10 of 27  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1422