CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

kirky

10th September 2019, 19:39
Thanks ginge .. I have that one now ….harts did seem to fit the clue though!! ...red types hearts sounds like harts/deer!!
21 of 45  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

10th September 2019, 19:39
Hurrah, finished. Miss Day sings again. Very clever, I’ve always liked colouring in.
BUT, what has thrapple got to do with Croatia?
22 of 45  -   Report This Post

malone

10th September 2019, 19:41
HR = Croatia and Topple fitted the rest of the wordplay (I no longer have the clue, but almost put Thrapple myself). Thropple and Thrapple mean the same.
23 of 45  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

10th September 2019, 19:46
Thanks Malone, swithered between thropple and thrapple. Should have got it, I was in Croatia last year.
24 of 45  -   Report This Post

malone

10th September 2019, 19:52
Glad I could help, teenieleek. I was annoyed with myself that it took so long to see why it needed to be 'topple' -it's always excruciatingly obvious afterwards!
25 of 45  -   Report This Post

rad

10th September 2019, 23:24
I’ve got a full grid now - I hope it’s all correct! Now I have to see which answers the setter thinks “can be associated with the theme”. So far I can’t see any likely candidates. Like some of the clues, this instruction seems extremely vague.
26 of 45  -   Report This Post

ginge

10th September 2019, 23:38
Hi rad, the three answers could all precede the word common to both thematic examples to make common phrases.
27 of 45  -   Report This Post

rad

11th September 2019, 00:49
Oh brilliant! I’ve got them all now and they fit the picture perfectly. Thanks, Ginge - I can sleep easily now!
28 of 45  -   Report This Post

casanova

11th September 2019, 15:38
I am really struggling with these clues. It seems from reading the posts that there is agreement about the answer to 5d. However, I can’t see any obvious way to parse the answer. Any help/advice would be much appreciated
29 of 45  -   Report This Post

malone

11th September 2019, 15:44
Casanova, the Y is from 'the end of January' and Put It = set it, upwards/up as it's a Down clue, so Ti Tup, Titup.

PS I think it's always good to give the clue, but I'm a bit busy.- sorry!
30 of 45  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1399