CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

brendan

7th September 2019, 11:58
What paper is this crossword in, i don't think I've ever come across it?
11 of 54  -   Report This Post

malone

7th September 2019, 12:02
It's Inquisitor in the 'i', Brendan . It moved there when the Independent stopped publishing a paper edition.
12 of 54  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th September 2019, 12:05
Thanks Malone.

Judging by the questions on this thread it seems as though it's not exactly straight forward. Is it more of a Listener type crossword than an Everyman?
13 of 54  -   Report This Post

malone

7th September 2019, 12:12
It's a good thematic crossword, Brendan - most of the time. It's more like Listener and Enigmatic Variations, though we sometimes get puzzles at the easier end of the scale.
14 of 54  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th September 2019, 12:15
Okay, thank Malone. Maybe I'll try and work my way up to it - good to have something to aim for :-)
15 of 54  -   Report This Post

malone

7th September 2019, 12:18
Yes, try it, Brendan. It's like all thematic puzzles, some are more challenging than others. PS The prize is rubbish!
16 of 54  -   Report This Post

brendan

7th September 2019, 12:24
If you remember Malone, we spoke once before about my luck (or lack of) with prizes, so I don't think that's anything I'll have to worry about:-)
17 of 54  -   Report This Post

malone

7th September 2019, 12:27
Thanks, Brendan - but maybe your fortunes would change with Inquisitor?!
18 of 54  -   Report This Post

jogamel

7th September 2019, 14:11
Good afternoon everyone. And Brendan, do try this. I love it and very often need help - but am improving! Sometimes like today I am struggling. I have completed the grid but can’t follow the preamble at all so need a very hefty shove to even understand Malone and Tony’s comments. Anyone willing?
19 of 54  -   Report This Post

jogamel

7th September 2019, 14:12
Good afternoon everyone. And Brendan, do try this. I love it and very often need help - but am improving! Sometimes like today I am struggling. I have completed the grid but can’t follow the preamble at all so need a very hefty shove to even understand Malone and Tony’s comments. Anyone willing?
20 of 54  -   Report This Post