CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alwayspuzzled

12th February 2019, 18:21
Thank you for that Sudokulover. As always I was looking to read far too much into this. Also, thank you again Malone for all your previous help.
31 of 36  -   Report This Post

malone

12th February 2019, 18:23
Alwayspuzzled, I saw Sudokulover had given you a pointer - so I didn't! Glad I helped earlier.
32 of 36  -   Report This Post

williamseal

15th February 2019, 16:46
As usual I'm a lap or two behind.

Could anyone help me on 22 across? That's the only clue I've not solved. Given the welcome hints below I'll then have another look.

I see that 1 down is apparently two words. I had xRSExxx and thought it may be a North London team that had a poor result this week. One of my family is employed by them so it would be embarrassing if that was the case and I was unable to finish (as they were!)

Any help welcomed - thanks to all
33 of 36  -   Report This Post

malone

15th February 2019, 16:52
It's always good to give the clue - then those without a copy can still help, try to help.

Brother's lampoon? No question (3).

I worked backwards for this - a three-letter word for a brother (non-religious). I then noticed that if I put a 'question' of sorts inside, I'd have a five letter word. This word can mean 'lampoon' though it's got a much more common meaning.

Hope this helps.
34 of 36  -   Report This Post

williamseal

15th February 2019, 17:15
Thanks Malone

You are always helpful and I take your point about reproducing the clue in full. I have solved 22 across and see who 22 down is.

I am relieved that it is not the team!
35 of 36  -   Report This Post

malone

15th February 2019, 17:29
Glad I could help, williamseal. I mentioned the clue because there are other helpful solvers on the Forum, and I know they don't see EV regularly.

Hope you get the puzzle finished off.
36 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1369