CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

malone

11th February 2019, 08:04
Alwayspuzzled, it's a much more widely-known book that you need. There are characters in there that'll show you what to do with 12 A. The three blocks of 2 x 2 refer to one aspect of the title, the 10-letter words refer to the other.
21 of 36  -   Report This Post

sunray

11th February 2019, 15:47
I am stuck on few clues.
What is:

8. Moth's companion practically feeble in salad (6)

10. Producers of 36 special cracking deals (6)

Thanks.
22 of 36  -   Report This Post

malone

11th February 2019, 16:00
8 Cobweb, Moth's companion in A Midsummer Night's Dream

10 Salses, I think! Sales, deals, with S, special inside. That could be wrong!
23 of 36  -   Report This Post

sunray

11th February 2019, 16:06
Thanks malone.
24 of 36  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

11th February 2019, 18:53
Thank you for that Malone. Unfortunately and despite grid-staring/grid-searching until I am blue in the face I cannot find any of the 2x2 blocks or see any shapes forming the ten letter words. I assume that the words formed by the 2x2 blocks are read clockwise. If so I can see the name of an African river and a member of the cat family but that is about all and they don't seem linked in any way. Any pointers/hints would be greatly appreciated/
25 of 36  -   Report This Post

malone

11th February 2019, 19:11
Alwayspuzzled, your thoughts about the 2 x 2 blocks are correct . The cat family is definitely involved, more than one member... Once you have got those, the 10-letter part comes into play (think of the book title - where exactly is the...?)
26 of 36  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

11th February 2019, 19:43
Thank you again Malone. Both sets of 3 now found so it is now a case of working out what to do with 12 across and what is meant by 'banished from the grid'. I won't have much chance with the questions on 'Only Connect' later.
27 of 36  -   Report This Post

malone

11th February 2019, 19:51
If you check the plot of the book, you'll see characters mentioned - those are closely linked to 12 Across (and, of course, the puzzle's title.) What happens to them leads to …. 'banished from the grid'. You might not have much more to do, but it's nice to finish it all off!
28 of 36  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

12th February 2019, 07:29
Thank you once again Malone. I have just read a summary of the plot but I cannot make any link between what happens to the 'things' and how to complete the grid. As far as I can see 12 across should be left blank but that is probably being far too simplistic. Time to do a bit more grid-staring and plot-studying to see if I can get over the line.
29 of 36  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

12th February 2019, 08:29
In the wiki version of the plot things one and 2 disappear so yes you are correct always puzzled
30 of 36  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1369