CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

14th November 2018, 10:58
Hi bazotto,
43a. Hay + (to be)*
5d. Socred's => soured's; urn in ted
41 of 45  -   Report This Post

meursault

14th November 2018, 11:04
Hi Bazotto. I'm going away in a couple of days, and there's a few things to do beforehand. But I'll look in when I can. 43 is one of the 3 clues with an extra word. Definition is first 3 words; wordplay is anagram of 'to be' after 3-letter word for dance. 5 correction is U, making definition Soured; 3-letter word for ballot box (also Ashes container), enclosed in 3-letter word for spread.
42 of 45  -   Report This Post

thepost

14th November 2018, 17:42
An excellent puzzle. However, I do not see that the title of the third work is "cryptically represented". The two word piece is straightforward - the first word being an anagram indicator to jumble the second (7 letters in row 5). The four word piece is also cleverly represented - the third word being an anagram indicator to jumble the first two words. A synonym for the fourth word follows (12 letters in row 3).

The third piece would appear to be of three words with the the first two words jumbled (7 letters in row 13) but how does the third word of this piece manifest itself in the grid? All 26 cells are used up.

Have I missed something?
43 of 45  -   Report This Post

merenz

14th November 2018, 17:52
ThePost. The third word of the entry in row 13 is the anagram indicator. Not a traditional anagram indicating word granted, but acceptable in this context I think.
44 of 45  -   Report This Post

smithsax

15th November 2018, 09:27
merenz, thepost. The word is in this useful list of 1001 anagram indicators.
https://www.highlightpress.com.au/1001-anagram-indicators.html
45 of 45  -   Report This Post