CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

samovar

11th November 2018, 19:30
Thank you, Meursault.
21 of 45  -   Report This Post

orson

11th November 2018, 19:40
ethik,

IS and ONE blocked by "of these" primarily - ie the first letters - OT. Build your atom from that!
22 of 45  -   Report This Post

ethik

11th November 2018, 20:12
Ta. Had 27across wrong!
23 of 45  -   Report This Post

merenz

11th November 2018, 22:50
Well that certainly took some doing! Phew. Amongst the many sticks whose wrong ends I clutched along the way, I rediscovered a famous book I read many years ago... L’Etranger and its protagonist Meursault! The crux of the theme should’ve been obvious of course and I’m kicking myself that it took so long for the penny to drop.
24 of 45  -   Report This Post

meursault

12th November 2018, 07:41
Hi Merenz. Did you ever read 'Return to Tipasa' ?
https://genius.com/Albert-camus-return-to-tipasa-annotated
A very good essay.
25 of 45  -   Report This Post

merenz

12th November 2018, 09:51
Thanks Meursault. I’ve just read it. What a beautiful piece of writing. I will be passing this on to my English teacher colleagues for sure... the youth of today (lads and lasses!) will surely benefit from it. And I will most certainly go back to L’Etranger for a second read... “return to the sites of one's youth and try to relive at forty what one loved or keenly enjoyed at twenty”.

Sorry mum... I am clogging up the thread with posts which will not help you with clue solving or the endgame. But I know you’ve got this ;-)
26 of 45  -   Report This Post

samovar

12th November 2018, 10:16
What a marvellous piece of writing, Meursault. Thank you for posting the link.
27 of 45  -   Report This Post

meursault

12th November 2018, 11:50
You're both very welcome. But a word of warning, reading L’Étranger and La Peste can be a little gloomy.
28 of 45  -   Report This Post

dazedandconfused

12th November 2018, 17:33
Very enjoyable Listener and suitably respectful. My only complaint is that the instruction for identifying the creators should really be to change rather than swap letters, and it would have been helpful to indicate that one is in anagram form.
29 of 45  -   Report This Post

meursault

12th November 2018, 17:58
Hi D&C. Swap is correct. One name is before an icecap, the other is diagonal NW to SE. No anagram.
30 of 45  -   Report This Post