CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

21st October 2018, 10:26
I found it enjoyable too.
Like a lot of cryptic puzzles I thought of the definitions first and parsed them afterwards!
It's still satisfying.
31 of 38  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

21st October 2018, 10:31
I am another who enjoyed it. I confess I find posts that begin “I’m really not enjoying this....” a bit baffling. If that’s the case, why not just stop and go do something you do enjoy?
32 of 38  -   Report This Post

mackania

21st October 2018, 12:41
Haha that's a very good question.

My friend and I do this crossword every week and have done so for several years now. It's one of my favourite pastimes and we rarely fail to finish prior to the answers being released. I guess it's now pride in how often we finish the sees us through to the end.
33 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st October 2018, 13:41
jack aubrey @32

Isn't it obvious? One continues in the hope that the unsolved clues will provide the entertainment that the solved ones have failed to do.

A case in point from Friday. This was a tedious puzzle from Maskarade, with lots of subtractive anagram based on Guardian compilers real names. It did, however, include this gem

Princess has limits to awful temper (6)
34 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st October 2018, 17:19
cowbit @35
If you are referring to my comments, you are inaccurate, in that I actually did finish (albeit with the benefit of a hint.)
To suggest that the clues are awful is probably because you can’t do them and is an insult to the setter. misses the point.
35 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st October 2018, 17:23
btw I refer you to my post @34
36 of 38  -   Report This Post

elle

21st October 2018, 18:36
Hi, Chris!
I liked your clue in post 34.....
Princess has limits to awful temper (6)

anneal = temper (def)
Anne - princess
al - a (wfu) l

These Guardian clues are definitely growing on me!
37 of 38  -   Report This Post

chrise

21st October 2018, 21:07
Hi elle
Yes - nice clue!
38 of 38  -   Report This Post