CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

20th October 2018, 21:42
btw, elle, if you see Arachne as the compiler for the Guardian, do it! - she (for so she is) is always a delight. Picaroon is another of my favourites, as is Nutmeg (another female compiler).
21 of 38  -   Report This Post

elle

20th October 2018, 21:55
Hello, Chris!
Okay, thank you! I shall give them a try …..
I enjoyed today's Guardian puzzle - I was surprised that no one else seemed to do so!
22 of 38  -   Report This Post

roof

20th October 2018, 23:34
Thank you to Elle and Chrise for the explanation of what & lit means. Unfortunately it hasn't helped with getting either 1d, 2d or 9ac, despite the hints given.

I only do the Saturday cryptic and I usually finish it, but I think I may have to give up this week. I can't decide if it is me (I am very tired) or Tramp. I just don't seem to be on the right wavelength today.

How about a hint for 15d Walk aimlessly in grass, having a pet (9)
I have S?O??????
23 of 38  -   Report This Post

scorpiojo

20th October 2018, 23:55
Minnie the ???????
24 of 38  -   Report This Post

mamya

20th October 2018, 23:56
Walk aimlessly is inside a word for - to grass.

having a pet is the definition (not animals)
25 of 38  -   Report This Post

sunray

20th October 2018, 23:59
roof, to mooch is to loiter.
26 of 38  -   Report This Post

roof

21st October 2018, 00:25
Many thanks to Scorpio, Mamya and Sunray for the hints. I think I've got it now. I always thought it had nothing to do with animals.

I am giving up now and going to bed. I shall resume in the morning. Perhaps a fresh head will help.
27 of 38  -   Report This Post

geeker

21st October 2018, 00:44
I enjoyed it immensely. Quite difficult: after a few minutes of scanning the clues I feared not being able to fill in a single word. But after a big struggle, in somewhat over an hour I managed to complete the puzzle. Haven't been so psyched about a Guardian puzzle since the first time I finished an Enigmatist composition!
28 of 38  -   Report This Post

jack aubrey

21st October 2018, 09:41
Chris and elle @ 21 and 22, she also sets for the FT as Rosa Klebb (great pseudonym) and is, I agree, always great fun.
29 of 38  -   Report This Post

elle

21st October 2018, 10:19
I'm glad to hear that you also liked it , Geeker!
It was my first attempt …..and I was a bit taken aback by no one but me seeming to enjoy it!

Thank you, Jack!
30 of 38  -   Report This Post