CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rosalind

8th March 2017, 07:22
Gnome size to fit the houses, syzygy!!

In Victorian times, "double" beds were 4' wide.I know because I own one, all cast iron and brass, which fits together with jigsaw-like joints.
21 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2017, 09:08
I have just two letters left for the squares projecting from the perimeter ...... J and O
Empty squares are 46a and last letter of 31d so I may have gone wrong somewhere
22 of 30  -   Report This Post

malone

8th March 2017, 09:25
46 A isn't the home for either of those.

31 D is literally a mark, something disliked by many people (ie me!)

46 A is basically an anagram, with 'trip instigator' being the definition.
23 of 30  -   Report This Post

rosalind

8th March 2017, 09:25
For 31 dn think Edinburgh
I don't have 46 ac as beginning with J, but 38 ac which I think is a fine clue.
46 ac is not a word many people in the UK will have heard of, I guess. "Trip instigator" is the def. Not thinking travel here
24 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2017, 09:33
Thank you both Malone and Ros. My error was 38a and all clear now. This puzzle was trickier than I thought !
25 of 30  -   Report This Post

malone

8th March 2017, 09:42
Ros, I'm wondering if I've led a debauched life - the answer to 46 A leapt out at me!

Jazzgirl, glad we could help.
26 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2017, 09:48
I had not heard of the cactus or the" trip" it could cause :)
I really should have solved 31d as I have been to the Edinburgh one
27 of 30  -   Report This Post

rosalind

8th March 2017, 10:00

I'm very pleased for you, malone! Cactus-wise

I was taken to the Edinbugh thing aged 12, jazzgirl. We were in the front row, not a good idea. Bagpipes far too close and either they, or someother musical instruments, drip! But I have never forgotten the lone piper.

I find all the Harper puzzles difficult, but then I am among the lesser mortals on here :-)
28 of 30  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th March 2017, 10:08
Ros, you are definitely not a lesser mortal on here !
My future husband and I went to the T as he was a musician and also in the military, so I accompanied him, under duress, but I did enjoy the pipers, especially the lone one . One of his instruments was the Tuba which does drip if you know what i mean !
29 of 30  -   Report This Post

rosalind

8th March 2017, 10:23
Thank you jg. I feel it compared with some of the mighty clue-creators/busters on here. But I don't mind, it is fun.

Just a yard away from a sweaty chap in a kilt on a hot summer's evening blowing the bagpipes was not, though! Didn't have ear defenders then.
30 of 30  -   Report This Post