CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

biker

28th February 2010, 14:55
your right, or for oregon is probably a better explanation than my but not theory.
11 of 30  -   Report This Post

silly boy

28th February 2010, 17:06

jo

4th June 2010, 17:23
Have been doing the Skeleton for MANY years - am now thinking of not buying the S.Express- the clues are inane - even when checking the answers , very obscure - no time or trouble taken by compiler as in years gone by when it was my favourite crossword, with intelligent, satisfying clues - not easy by any means but very enjoyable. With no false modesty I am VERY good at cryptic Xwords - I know no-one better but this skeleton is pathetic. Jo )( Does the S.Express know or care about us regular solvers complaints?? - Let's all write or whatever....)
13 of 30  -   Report This Post

stevie

5th June 2010, 02:57
Jo
If you are better than the rest of us, why not try and write some stuff that we could try and answer?
14 of 30  -   Report This Post

silly boy

5th June 2010, 10:55
This crossword is getting so bad ..... even when I compare the answers with the questions I have trouble understanding them. I remember in the past completing the skeleton easily within 30 mins ..... not now !!!
15 of 30  -   Report This Post

ajt

5th June 2010, 11:35
I only just looked at this thread, and wonder why the question. Live = on air, yes. The state Or, then you have an anagram of "ina" "but not the right way." What's wrong with that?
16 of 30  -   Report This Post

henry

5th June 2010, 16:11
Actually, as Biker noted, it's more likely to be ian (man reversed).
Terry has said several times that the excessive use of Names is just laziness on the part of the setter.
17 of 30  -   Report This Post

jimbo

5th June 2010, 16:16
there are obviously two Jimbos on this site - how very confusing - this thread wasn't started by the other Jimbo
18 of 30  -   Report This Post

mamya

5th June 2010, 16:37
What about:

NOR = But not
IA = State of Iowa

but then we lose the MAN reserence I guess?
19 of 30  -   Report This Post

ajt

5th June 2010, 16:50
Ian or ina, it's still an anagram. The state is Or. The phrase is "on air" why the problem?
20 of 30  -   Report This Post