CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » gndt

lady bee

7th October 2014, 22:20
One answer begins with T, one ends with T. Surely when you've finished and add up all the answers, you'll see where one is lacking.
141 of 216  -   Report This Post

marmalade

8th October 2014, 10:19
I have just found this forum.you are a brilliant lot! Can anyone help me with clue 18, I do have an answer but can't quite fit the last two letters in with the clue.
142 of 216  -   Report This Post

lady bee

8th October 2014, 10:57
If you can't fit the last two letters, then I don't think you have the right answer. Earlier in this thread, I think, there has been a discussion on this one.
143 of 216  -   Report This Post

claxbypluckacre

8th October 2014, 11:04
Hi, marmalade, welcome to the forum. I think the correct answer is T WADDLE.
144 of 216  -   Report This Post

winnie

8th October 2014, 14:18
Hi claxbypluckacre, welcome to this thread, but please note we do not give answers - just additional clues.
It takes the whole fun and the spirit of the quiz out of resolving the clues of the puzzle if you give the answer.
145 of 216  -   Report This Post

twinsnan

8th October 2014, 14:57
Quite right Winnie but for someone new we can forgive it. I am going to put the jewelled collar round Neville or Marian's neck when I find out what it is!! Spent so long in reference library this morning looking through books on jewellery, modern, antique, vintage, but the books then led on to the sort of jewellery that peculiar people seem to enjoy attaching to their private parts and letting someone tug hard.....that and the very loud sniffing af a 'gentleman' reading the newspaper drove me out! Maybe you will answer, maybe not but does it begin with C or one of the 3 other letters from the word for the weight used in gold, the first letter of that word being the last letter of the answer? Why is it that I always have a couple that are so tricky but other people solve them quite quickly?
146 of 216  -   Report This Post

winnie

8th October 2014, 15:35
Hi twinsnan - I hope claxbypluckacre will still consider me a friend willing to give help in the form of clues.
Re 33. The answer you are looking for is the name of a jewelled collar. Yes the word does begin with C.
You are looking for a 6 letter word for 'secret' put between the two letter abbrev. for a weight in gold. Good luck
147 of 216  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2014, 15:37
twinsnan, have you tried google ? You would find it in two seconds. I did :)
148 of 216  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2014, 15:39
crossed in the post with Winnie
149 of 216  -   Report This Post

claxbypluckacre

8th October 2014, 15:41
Hi, winnie and twinsnan. Some people would say that you are out of order asking for clues for this quiz in the first place. If you can't work it out from the given clue don't moan when given the answer. Please don't tell others what to do just because you may not agree with them.
150 of 216  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » gndt