CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

11th November 2009, 00:59
I could knit some fence post covers maybe ?
41 of 54  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th November 2009, 02:56
Thank you Mam'
or maybe some scuds (xtra large)?
42 of 54  -   Report This Post

janome

11th November 2009, 08:25
hi trevor .please dont get to stressed over this i didnt realise my asking for help was going to raise such strong feelings.i only asked for clues not answers . as weve both said if you dont want to know the answers or extra clues dont open the questions on the forum list , thers nobody forcing you to do it. i dont ask for help until ive used up all my own info( this site is a last resort as with the majority of people who use it ). i think a lot of you responding to my question live in glass houses and its a case of do as i say but not as i do .
43 of 54  -   Report This Post

aldobear

11th November 2009, 08:54
janome - I'm sorry, but you still haven't answered my questions? Why do you (and others) need to use someone else's answers? What satisfaction do you (and others) get from getting someone else to give you the answers?
44 of 54  -   Report This Post

jimc

11th November 2009, 09:45
Hi Aldobear.

I think your question could be asked of anyone posting for help on this website, rather than just Janome.

Personally, I do find it satisfying to complete a crossword, puzzle or just about anything that I think worthwhile in life. I think that it's the same for most people.

So it's no mystery to me why people post here for help (for hints or answers) so that they get the satisfaction of completing something.

If, along the way, they get rich themselves or a charity is helped ... there's some upside!

However, I do think it is important that potential 'Answerers' are able to trust that any 'Asker' has put in enough of their own time & effort before coming to this forum.

So please let's all be friendly.

JimC
45 of 54  -   Report This Post

terry

11th November 2009, 10:16
Leaving aside all the pious nonsense about "it's the char-i-teees that must benefit" and the whiff of cheating.
What really sticks in my throat is the undeniable fact that people like Janome simply can't be bothered to make much of an effort themself. All that rubbish about "used up my resources". Does he/she means their life threatening limited brain cells.
46 of 54  -   Report This Post

janome

11th November 2009, 11:07
no. looking through numerous books and web sites, libary if possible and any other sources avaiable . are you that clever you never need help?
47 of 54  -   Report This Post

terry

11th November 2009, 11:12
Janome,
If you want to retain any credibility you really should give a straight answer to Aldobear's question.
48 of 54  -   Report This Post

janome

11th November 2009, 11:20
why are you making such a fuss when you been answering questions for other people today or dont your answers count kettle and saucepan come to mind
49 of 54  -   Report This Post

terry

11th November 2009, 11:28
Janome,
You just don't get it do you.
We all get stuck sometimes on one or two crossword clues. We don't come on here and say-got a copy of a quiz with a good cash prize, I can't be bothered to do it myself so give me the answers.
50 of 54  -   Report This Post